Regional Construction Manager
Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) the logistics provider of the world with over 520,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories. We are an organization that is not just moving goods around, we have a very clear purpose, and we are: Connecting People. Improving Lives.We provide challenges and opportunities for personal and professional development, we recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the largest world leaders in logistics and supply chain.
DHL Corporate Real Estate is a well-established
team of property professionals in both commercial, surveying and construction
based out of Milton Keynes.The
department is responsible for maintaining the existing UK&I portfolio of
buildings as well as new acquisitions, disposals, new builds and fit outs.
The overall purpose of the role is to provide leadership and management in delivering projects on time, whilst meeting cost and quality targets, to work cross-functionally with a diverse group of stakeholders and manage construction projects and programs.
Your tasks will be:
- Manage projects and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with business partners, contractors and vendors.
- Establish and maintain project schedules and budgets, responsible for overall project delivery including all FF&E and construction.
- Responsible for on-site supervision during the construction process to include management of General Contractors and Owner vendors.
- Deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Participate in the design development process to collaborate across internal stakeholders.
- Work with other key workstreams to ensure effective project delivery.
- Manage change order negotiations and contract compliance.
- Serve as the liaison to developer/landlord reps to coordinate building envelope delivery.
Your basic qualifications:
- Experience in the construction management of commercial/industrial buildings, demonstrating progressive responsibility and growth within the construction industry.
- General knowledge of building regulations, HSE regulations (including CDM) and construction methods.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction project management.
- Experience building and managing budgets.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Project and knowledge of CAD.
- Ability to lead negotiations, and manage meetings and discussions.
- Educated to degree level, ideally with relevant professional qualifications.
Your profile should look like:
- Strong communication skills and understanding of the end user.
- Ability to work within an ambiguous environment and manage change.
- Have strong project management experience.
- Experience in negotiating commercial contracts (master agreements/work-orders).
- Familiarity with business process documentation and improvement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results.
- Provide business decision support and participate/lead special projects.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team as projects dictate.
- Be part of great leader global company
- International and virtual environment
- Flexibility and great opportunity to learn
- Tempting Compensation and benefits
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL GBS (UK) Limited