Global Sector Head, Chemicals
Job Title:Global Sector Head, Chemicals
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air / ocean / ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Global Sector Head Chemicals located in Germany / flexible location who will shape the strategy & agenda for regional/ global sector development in close collaboration with key stakeholders across the different functions and Business Units.
- Senior visionary for the sector functioning at global/divisional level in close collaboration with the other Business Units
- Drive innovations into the Business Units to meet and exceed sector customer expectations
- Develop and drive the implementation of the sector strategy that has long-term positive impact on business results aligned with global and functional objectives
- Develop strong, trusting functional, cross-functional and cross-BU relationships with senior DPDHL business leaders
- Provide business rational to influence others across DPDHL
- Close collaboration with Product community, country CEOs and Heads of Marketing & Sale
- Define, own and communicate the sector strategy in line with overall business strategy, objectives, guidelines and policies for the division
- Drive divisional initiatives aligned with sector strategy. Provide input to support network investment opportunities to ensure suitable ROI
- Proactively monitor industry intelligence and competitor activities. Communicate key aspects back to the business and consider impact on own divisional strategy
- Drive best-in-class business development, account management and sales activities for sector customers (prospects and existing)
- Define sector marketing plan aligned to functional and divisional objectives, determine research priorities. Differentiate marketing plan for different sales channels and sub-sectors
- Identify key trends in the sector/ industry, translate & ensure development of innovative solutions together with stakeholders
- Benchmark sectors value proposition against operational execution and customer expectations. Engage stakeholders accordingly. Steer innovation across sector
- Build world class sector community within the BU and across the other BU. Share knowledge and receive feedback from the community to enhance sector development
- Drive the development of profitable volume growth within the sector in close collaboration with Product and focus country SMT
- Actively guide the RFQ process and give guidance and support as necessary
- Responsible for the management of sector bid calendar. Effectively communicate to the stakeholders both directly and via the commercial leads
- Have strong oversight of all global Multi National Customers (MNC) as well as support developing strategic accounts within BC
- Lead team of regional Sector Heads, MNC GCMs and RCMs globally, incl. team formation, account allocation & travel approvals. Define trainings/ coaching/ monitoring activities for MNC GCMs and RCMs
- Input to annual budget process as well as monitoring and delivering against it
- Give guidance and support to country based sales staff as part of driving growth in the sector
- Provide global sales collateral to support customer facing sector activities
- Support global and regional customer events within own division as well as cross-BU
- Drive senior customer engagement (i.e. actively visiting customers)
- Lead multiple teams both directly and indirectly
- Develop short to long-term (1-5 years) plans for optimizing the organization, function, or job-family and the talent required to execute strategies
- Strong oversight of a succession planning program to support sector objectives
Skills / Requirements:
- Master's degree in Logistics, Business Engineering, Business Administration or relevant field
- More than 10 years within logistics industry at management level with a proven track record of Chemicals Sector knowledge (at least 5 years)
- Solid knowledge of transport and forwarding products, services and applications
- Strategic thinking and challenging of the status quo, including improvement ideas
- Ability to build and sustain effective relationships with stakeholders
- Leadership skills to foster an environment for learning, growth and development
- Strong communication, customer / project / change management and negotiation skills
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web athttps://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
OurTOP EMPLOYER prestigious certificationattests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees.At DGF, we don’t build businesses. We believe in building people so they can build the business and this means every success that we have comes from our employees. Together, our employees continue shaping our environment as a great place to work and community that we are all proud of.
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
The most efficient processes and fastest response times
The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision:The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission:Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose:We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values:Respect & Results
Our Goals:Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
Air Express International USA, Inc.
more than 75%
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn