Global Bid Analyst – Graduate Internship
Job Title: Global Bid Analyst – Graduate Internship
Job Location: Doral, FL - United States
DHL Global Forwarding (“DGF”) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer’s global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries.
We have an exciting graduate internship opportunity for someone to support the Regional Ocean Freight Team for global RFQs. In this role you will assist our Gate Keepers & Tender Managers in managing certain activities related to the RFQ, RFP, RFIs, contract renewal opportunities that are brought by our global sales organization. You will help in the preparation of proposal documents, including content development, and response to customer queries about DHL that are part of the bid request. You will also be responsible for working collaboratively with other team members, partners and subject matter experts. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, with a can do attitude and quality focus.
- Manage and assist our Gate Keepers with preparing, finalizing and delivering a timely and winning proposal.
- Intern in this role will be provided mentoring and practical hands on experience for relevant career-related activities encountered in the student’s area of study or specialization.
- Follow Global OCC / RFQ process for all bids and utilize standard templates.
- Assist department with assigned projects
- Comply with all deadlines set by the Regional OCC manager and/or assigned Gate Keeper
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Business, BA/BS in Computer Science, or logistics.
- The ideal candidate for this role must have strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Great attention to detail, multi-tasking skills and proactivity
- You must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA or above
- Intermediate level in MS Excel as minimum, preference is for advanced knowledge
- Intermediate level in MS PowerPoint and MS Office
- Good communication skills both oral and written. Additional languages are a plus.
- Employee Type: Intern
- Job Category: Intern
- Organization: DHL Global Forwarding US
- Location: Doral Miami, Florida
- The ROCC Team graduate Internship will commence in October. Additional internship details including the start/end dates as well as schedules will be provided upon receiving an offer to join the program.
- Duration: 3 months initially and can be extended upon performance (Oct18 -Dec18)
- Interns should be able to commit minimum 20 hours per week
Develop your professional skills through on-the-job learning, technical training and leadership exposure! Your future is at your fingertips - click Apply now!
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding US
No Business Travel
Day time only