Warehouse Handling Manager
Job Title: Warehouse Handling Manager
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ ocean/ ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/ distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
We have an exciting opportunity for a WarehouseHandling Manager to manage a complex, three-shift industrial (18 hours/day, 7 days/week) freight handling, storage and transportation operation, leading multiple teams, comprised of 100+ unionized employees, through collaboration with supervisors. This position will be based at our Redondo Beach, CA location.
- Expedites the daily activities of all operational functions ensuring client satisfaction is successfully achieved and company policies adhered to with the goal of maximizing profitability for the company.
- Ensures supervision on the ground at all times by continuously monitoring the work performed and provides proper guidance and direction to supervisors and cargo handlers.
- Assumes responsibility for good working practices, safety, and security for customer inventory and staff.
- Develops, recommends, and implements process and procedure improvements to ensure service delivery to the internal and external customers based on business requirements.
- Provides customized solutions for customers in the areas of warehousing, distribution, inventory control & analysis, transportation, and technical support.
- Ensures the warehouse manages an effective and efficient dispatch process by consolidating all the flows in and out to/ from the warehouse.
- Responsible for the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of following products, for example import recoveries, export airline cut-offs, freight readiness timeliness and ensures targets are met.
- Responsible for estimating staffing needs, team schedules, hiring, coaching, training, development and performance management of the staff to meet service targets and cost savings.
- Assigns work, manages workforce, coordinates shift coverages and handovers to ensure continuity, sets completion dates and times, reviews work, and manages performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes across all operational shifts.
- Collaborates with other members of the senior management team (SMT) and builds working relationship across departments using stakeholder management and respect.
- Defines tactical and strategic needs for the departments, provides customized solutions to customers and delivers strategic business results.
- Responsible to maintain professional working relationship with external suppliers, government agencies, regulators and customers.
- Drives Performance Improvement though active leadership and use of continuous improvement tools.
- Drives team performance based on data analytics and ensures high level of data quality is maintained on a timely and consistent manner.
- Proactively ensures visibility and transparency for warehouse performance, risks and issues to maintain efficiency & effective operations.
- Responsible to shape, adjust workflows, recommends policies and changes based on business needs.
- Full P&L responsibility for the warehouse, implements measures to control costs systematically, introduces cost saving initiatives and provides visibility to SMT.
- Drives Productivity improvement measures within the warehouse, creates full visibility where assigned resources allocated, and monitors job progress and completion for different projects.
- Responsible for root cause analysis and implementation of corrective measures to address and minimize reoccurring challenges.
- Responsible to develop, maintain, and implement local standard operating procedures (SOP), reviews specific processes periodically and prepares work instructions.
- Responsible for development of customer specific SOP’s and process flows.
- Uses Six Sigma/ Lean/ First Choice methodology to respond to customer corrective action requests and continuous improvement.
- Responsible to balance out between larger complex/macro level issues and smaller transactional /micro level issues for resolution.
- Manages own and the teams level of knowledge for all systems used within the warehouse. Troubleshoots and raises IT support tickets when necessary.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their manager.
Skills / Requirements:
- Minimum 12 years in freight forwarding and operations experience required
- Experience managing a Union workforce strongly preferred
- Minimum 7 years supervisory or management experience required
- Has extensive depth and breadth of expertise and experience in business/functional area
- Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Analyzes and resolves complex cross-functional issues
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with DOT and HazMat regulations
- Familiar with TSA, TAPA, and C-TPAT regulations
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- BA/BS Preferred
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
·Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
·Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
·401K plan with a match
·Employee Discount plan
·Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
·The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
·The most efficient processes and fastest response times
·The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten
Air Express International USA, Inc.