Title:Trade Lane Manager – Transpacific Ocean
Location:Los Angeles, CA - open to remote but strong preference to West Coast USA
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trade Lane Manager who will help to lead Sales in developing New Transpacific Ocean business.This position can be based out of anywhere on the Western half of the United States, preference to Los Angeles, CA, San Diego, CA, San Francisco. CA, Portland, OR, or Seattle, WA.
- Develop key customer relations in collaboration with US Marketing & Sales (BD KAM and field Sales).
- Lead Sales in developing New Transpacific Ocean business through training and mentoring.
- to gain regional and global customers
- & SOPs to improve productivity , add value and increase customer satisfaction
- Set and support regular internal meetings, seminars, workshops to educate sales & develop improvement plans with customers
- Support pricing exercise in particular during bid period
- Communicate customer needs to respective Trade Management teams including required service/transit/rates necessary to meet minimum customer requirements.
- Ensure COCC functions & processes are aligned with trade dynamic and overall strategy
- Work with regional FCL and LCL team to develop OFR product and train sales on any new programs.
- Help to determine pricing levels for tenders and spot quoted in accordance with market dynamics
- Actively promote the exchange and adoption of Best Practices within the OFR organization
- Be vigilant of market conditions and provide monthly & quarterly updates and overall trade development to sales teams via regular conference calls or face to face meetings.
- Build regional competency for key customers (if needed)
- risk taking through higher hierarchy levels
- Ensure efficient flow of information concerning market development to management and PCM
- Observe and communicate market trend, competitor’s behavior and actions.
- Informal influence to enable improvement and change within the organization
- 7+ years’ Ocean Freight experience in a Freight Forwarding / Steamship line company required
- 3+ years’ experience specifically with Transpacific Ocean Trade required
- Proven record of developing a trade strongly preferred
- Efficient matrix and stakeholder management
- Solid knowledge of ocean freight products
- Highly effective negotiation and communication skills
- Commercial experience/capabilities
- Analyze problems effectively and find best solutions
- Acquired knowledge in general shipping matters (i.e. documentation, claims, clearance, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Possess basic Logistics/Supply Chain Management knowledge
- Well versed in software knowledge (words, excel, power point, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
Air Express International USA, Inc.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn