Part-Time Tractor Trailer Operator - ELA
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.Enjoy the flexibility, innovation and fun we encourage and promote in our work environment.Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our communities.DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive salaries, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives. In fact, Business Week just named DHL "one of the best companies to launch a career.”
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
DHL is currently hiring Tractor-Trailer Drivers in our XXX, CA Service Station location. The selected candidate will ensure the efficient and timely processing and handling of customer outbound and inbound shipments. Success in this position depends on the ability to ensure compliance with safety, security, regulatory, and company policies, as well as the ability to work well in a team environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to consistently lift items weighing between 20 and 70 lbs. while working in a warehouse environment.
- Under tight deadlines, performs duties such as sorting, packing, loading, unloading containers
- Palletizing and separation of freight/documents
- Ensures all delivery material is prepared for shipment
-Operates a scanner to record shipping and package information for documents/packages picked up or delivered
- Drive forklift
- Reports any suspected breach of security or unusual happenings to supervisor immediately
- Maintains good work habits, including reporting to work on time and adhering to standard work and safety procedures
- May assist supervisor in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of other employees
Key Skills & Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Valid Class A Driver’s License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets Driving Privileges standards
- Hazmat endorsement preferred (Must obtain Hazmat endorsement within 60 days of hire)
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must pass pre-employment and TSA backgrounds and drug screening
- Must pass DOT physical
Must be able to lift up to seventy (70) lbs. occasionally
Must be able to lift forty (40) lbs. frequently
Must be able to walk, climb stairs, reach overhead, squat, bend, kneel, stoop and crouch repeatedly
Please note a resume is required to apply for all DHL positions.
If you do not have a resume readily available, please visit: http://dhl-resumebuilder.com. This program will work on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Express US