Director, Business Development, Key Account Management - TransPacific Eastbound
Location: this position can be based out of L.A, San Francisco or Seattle
What makes DHL great? Our people! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL currently has an opportunity available for a Director, Business Development, Key Account Management - TransPacific East Bound. Based in California or Seattle, the Director of Business Development must have a strategic mindset, winning attitude and a proven track record
How will you contribute to the success of DHL? As a Passionate Leader, you will use your skill, influence, and enthusiasm to:
- Identify, develop and maintain favorable contact within high level decision makers and work to understand strategic business challenges while developing a business fit between DGF and TransPacific customers.
- develop proposals and sales plans that support increased sales from targeted prospects by utilizing available DGF resources
- Manage overall prospect global relationships, including dealing with each prospects' highest buying levels and coordinating the activities of prospect-focused teams
- Identify business opportunities, and assess prospective customer needs.
Do you have what it takes? Job requirements:
- To be qualified for this position, you should have
- 6-12 years of sales experience and large account management skills
- 5+ year selling Ocean Freight for a Freight Forwarding company
- Typically requires a BS / BA education level along with excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Passion to hunt and develop new customers
- Ability to thrive and navigate in a global network
- Must be proficient in Microsoft programs including Word, PPT and Excel.
- Ability to travel up in your region
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away from work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
• Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
• Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
• 401K plan with a match
• Employee Discount plan
• Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally. Over 42,000 employees are employed by DGFF in approximately 150 countries around the world. Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding US
Day time only