Airfreight Product Manager
Title: Airfreight Product Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services
We have an exciting opportunity for an Airfreight Product Manager to oversee timely and accurate movement of air import and export shipments and documentation, financial and P&L management, and promoting commercial growth of the airfreight product. This position will be based at our Los Angeles, CA location.
- Responsible for the entire airfreight product in LAX in regards operations, financial management and commercial growth.
- Responsible for airfreight product profitability including continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies, reduces waste, and improve performance to our customers
- Manages and controls all ground cost margins and prepares monthly activity / revenue reports.
- Prepares and provides customers and overseas offices with rate quotations
- Leads all related vendors to ensure the highest level of service is achieved as well as assists and answers customer inquiries and other related customer service functions
- Responsible for the accuracy of invoices, bills of lading, shipping statements, and the achievement of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Assists in annual budget preparation for area of responsibility
- Supervises staff, responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing staff. Maintains employee records and completes yearly employee performance reviews
Skills / Qualifications:
- Must have 3+ years of experience managing an airfreight product with operations, commercial growth, and P&L/financial management
- Experience leading a Unionized team is a big plus
- Experience in the Los Angeles, CA market is a preference, but not required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Strong leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- BA/BS preferred
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
·Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
·Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
·401K plan with a match
·Employee Discount plan
·Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
·The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
·The most efficient processes and fastest response times
·The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding US
Day time only