Position: Contract Manager
Grade: RCS J
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time) Subject to commercial agreement with customer
Closing Date for Applications: 31st December 2018
For the role of Contract Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that you formulate, drive and own the account strategy. Leadership of the 22B contract and direction of the operational team (circa 50 people) across 2 locations. To deliver excellent business performance through effective management of operations, achieving superior service levels and operational excellence; Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to meet contractual terms and DHL expectations. Support and deliver the City Consolidation growth strategy for Supply Chain Solutions. Full account management of contract, acting as point of escalation as operational/account lead. Effective budget management and generation of additional revenue / gain share activities for both the customer and DHL to benefit from. Deliver on our Customer promise and act as a gateway for future business growth; Lead the successful implementation of the project, by working with the dedicated Project Manager to manage all key work streams and subject matter experts. The role will then be responsible for the ongoing management of the contract, ensuring all required financial / commercial hurdle rates set out in the BCA are achieved; Change management leadership and development across the contract in support of the customer and the business.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Account Management
• Operations Management
• Team Leadership
• New business growth and successful Implementation
• Effective Stakeholder Management
• Full P&L responsibility for the 22B contract
• Full Operational responsibility for the 22B contract
• Develop and agree the operational budget and deliver against the budget
• Develop strong relationships with the customer's management team
• Formulate, drive and own the account strategy
• Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to meet contractual terms and DHL expectations
• Change management leadership and development across the contract in support of the customer and the business
• Act as key point of contact for customer in relation to day to day actvitities
• Ensure all aspects of service performance are delivered to target
• Ensure financial performance is within the agreed budget
• Ensure all new business projects are delivered on time and within budget
• Develop effective customer relationships through site visits and meetings (E.G. MBR's, QBR's)
• Support C4L manager with information to support solution proposals relating to organic growth for customers in area of responsibility
• Build trusted and productive relationships with internal operational / transition teams, SME's and Business Development colleagues, as well as relevant customer stakeholders
• Lead the monitoring of existing operational practices and identify and deliver process improvements which will generate value to the customer and DHL. Fully embed DPDHL First Choice management principles
• Lead the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and ensured they are adhered to at all times
• Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced
• Direct the daily activity to ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for team members
• Plan, manage and adjust staffing levels in area of own responsibility, to meet operational requirements
• Develop a strong management capability through effective performance management, mentoring and development of the team
• Develop robust resourcing and succession plans
• Manage within the organisations HR processes to create a positive work environment
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Experience of managing Supply Chain operations
• Proven track record in Logistics and Supply Chain
• Operations management with P&L responsibility
• Experience of leading high-performing teams
• Project Management / Process Improvement experience
• Significant experience of working with customers to build mutually beneficial operations
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Supply Chain UK