Position: Transport Planner
Customer: Multi Site
Grade: RCS N
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 19th December 2018
For the role of Transport Planner you will ensure all transport plans are maximised and safe working within the Transport Planning department.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include:
• Ability to build up effective relationships both internally and externally both face to face and over the telephone.
• Continuous improvement with the ability to identify trends and recurring issues within a planning network role whilst dealing with daily pressures.
• The scheduled movements will be against a set trailer fill set by our customers which will require the definition and implementation of actions and plans to improve this performance.
• Key focus on achieving service excellence within agreed service levels and cost while maintaining a strong customer facing position and driving improvement in customer satisfaction and performance.
• Clearly communicate and agree planning changes with relevant stakeholders.
• Identify and continually strive to collaborate with all DHL divisions to drive the right behaviour to ensure the business is maximising all internal benefits.
• Must be commercially driven.
• Co-operate with all internal audits.
• Will have experience in both Open and Closed book contracts.
• Complete Safety conversations.
• Ensure compliance with all Company Health & Safety policies and highlight any concerns/issues to senior management in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate an effective and proactive approach with other DHL colleagues/sites in a timely manner.
• Completion of any requested KPI reports / spreadsheets.
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Influencing skills - to understand the importance of engagement and have the ability to engage with customers (essential)
• IT literate (Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office - ability to prepare and analyse Excel spreadsheets) (essential)
• Negotiation skills (essential)
• Ability to balance conflicting priorities (essential)
• Previous experience of working in a logistics environment (essential)
• Written and oral communication skills (essential)
• Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements (essential)
• Knowledge of transport road legislation and digital tachographs (essential)
• Previous Transport Management experience (desirable)
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://youtu.be/G-nOa8Ddbbg
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Supply Chain UK
No Business Travel
Day time only