Senior Claims Handler Portugal
Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) the logistics provider of the world with over 520,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories. We are an organization that is not just moving goods around, we have a very clear purpose, and we are: Connecting People. Improving Lives. We provide challenges and opportunities for personal and professional development, we recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the largest world leaders in logistics and supply chain.
In Insurance & Risk Management (IRM) we focus on being trusted advisors by connecting with business colleagues and understanding their needs. We manage and mitigate risk and deliver quality insurance products and services to protect the company’s employees, assets and liabilities and to meet its contractual obligations to customers across the group.
If this is something that interests you, then read on:
Your tasks will be:
- Contribute to an internal environment of collaborative claims handling teamwork and promote a positive IRM service provision.
- Navigate, network and establish cross border relationships to leverage best practices and execute program-wide claims strategies through internal claims management communities.
- Autonomously analyzes and processes claims in assigned specialty area by investigating and gathering information to determine the exposure of the claim.
- Apply culture of quality, service excellence, flexibility and cost consciousness, according to PMPO & FC Way philosophy.
- Communicates effectively and maintains professional relationships with colleagues, internal customers, clients, external counsel and management.
- Ensure that databases are maintained with the appropriate claims information / record.
- Ability to recognize and escalate claims where the standard process can negatively impact DPDHL.
- Prepare ad hoc and trending reports as applicable for assigned specialist area.
- Makes disposition decisions based upon interpretation of guidelines, policies, and procedures. Interprets policy documents and contractual terms as part of disposition decisions. Makes recommendations to management on modification to policy documents and contractual terms to limit losses.
- Creates letters and correspondence as required by assigned specialty area.
- If applicable, settlement authority for claims ensuring that the process under their responsibility is fully followed.
Your profile should look like:
- +3 years in technical experience in a similar position
- Considerable knowledge of claims based on assigned specialty area.
- Cargo: knowledge of cargo claims and logistics industry; International conventions; Business Partner standard terms and conditions; etc.
- Knowledge of management practices of: knowledge of jurisdictional regulations, litigation regulations related to corporate claims (ie. auto liability, general liability and / or workers' compensation), property damage, employee / life benefits)"
- Strong Business Partner & customer service focus.
- Efficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details and ensure accurate data input.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies.
- Experience in cross border collaboration within shared service organization.
- Strong IT skills (Windows Office tools).
- Fluent in Portuguese.
- Working with diverse and complex stakeholders from different business units
- Great international working environment
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Express Portugal, Lda.
No travel required
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn