Legal Counsel NHSSC
At Global Business Services (GBS), we are the internal Deutsche Post DHL Group services division that provides support services to all our divisions. We cluster key services functions such as IT, Consulting, Legal, Risk & Insurance, Procurement and Real Estate, and employ approximately 10,000 staff across five continents. The GBS advantage lies in leveraging the internal cross-functional professionals who understand core logistics business and enable business units to have more time to focus on core operations.
Within our Legal community, we are committed to provide best in class legal advice to the businesses in all our divisions as well as manage key stakeholder relations. We are looking to recruit a Legal Counsel, based in Leeds, United Kingdom, to join our Legal team.
The main purpose of this role is to provide legal support and advice to the DHL Supply Chain UK business, particularly to the NHS Supply Chain and Public Sector business units, specifically with respect to the application of and compliance with the public procurement laws, as well as providing general support to Senior Legal Counsel on other matters concerning the NHS Supply Chain and Public Sector businesses.
You will report directly to Head of Legal NHS Supply Chain.
Your tasks will be:
Internal within DHL Supply Chain:
- Provide a comprehensive ‘one stop shop’ of legal services to the procurement team within the NHS Supply Chain business unit (part of DSC), through a direct interface with the business.
- Ensure that the procurement part of the business establish and manage their tenders and manage their contracts : (i) in compliance with EU public procurement regulations and competition law, and (ii) in accordance with the business’ legal obligations under its contract with the UK Department of Health
- Answer on a daily basis the many ad hoc procurement and other legal queries raised by the business.
- Draft a wide variety of procurement and commercial documents
- Provide procurement and general legal advice to other functions within the business, including marketing; sales; finance; inventory and IT.
- Manage FOI requests on behalf of the NHSBSA
- Support the DSC Public Sector business development team with its public procurement activities.
- Ensure compliance of the business with applicable DPDHL policies and procedures.
- Identify potential areas of risk and liability and advise on strategy for avoidance, minimization and/or mitigation, and escalate any material issues within business and legal department where required.
- Attend internal meetings and be involved in tactical and strategic discussions.
- Provide legal updates and training to the business on developments in EU public procurement law.
- Involvement in specific projects being undertaken by the business from time to time.
Internal within GBS legal team:
- Be an integral member of the GBS Legal Services UK & Ireland team;
Attend various team meetings, know-how and training sessions and conferences.
- Be involved in reviewing and approving each stage of each tender process undertaken (c. 100 per year)
- Attend meetings and engage in discussions with various external stakeholders, including suppliers, NHS Trusts, UK Department of Health, procurement hubs and industry bodies and other governmental departments.
- Liaise and assist in the management of external legal counsel and monitor usage of external legal resource by the business.
In addition, you will be required to assist the business in implementing and managing various processes within the business, including:
- Control and documentation of entire tender process, including appropriate document management system for finalized contracts.
- Implementing sign-off process for each stage of a tender, as well as identifying what variations
Your profile should look like:
- Suitable level of experience working for or in the UK public sector environment, either within a law firm or in-house, We are looking forward to receive your application.
- At least 3 years Post-Qualified experience
- Commercially focused but legally sound lawyer.
- Exceptional interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Confidence in ability to stand by advice provided.
- Ability to work autonomously, under time pressure and managing time and priorities efficiently.
- Strong working knowledge of EU public procurement laws.
- Understanding of structure and operation of UK National Health Service.
- UK qualified solicitor or barrister
- Great opportunity to work for the biggest logistics company in the world
- International and virtual environment
- Flexibility and great opportunity to learn
- Tempting Compensation and benefits
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application today.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL GBS (UK) Limited
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn