Finance Intern (m/f)
Saloodo!, a spin-off by DHL – the express, transport and logistics specialist within Deutsche Post DHL Group, is an innovative online marketplace that connects shippers and transport providers on demand; increasing efficiency for both by enabling safe and convenient access to a highly fragmented market using a single digital freight platform. We revolutionize the freight forwarding industry by bringing transparency, security and new tech into the market.
For our headquarters in Cologne, we are looking for qualified interns in the finance department. You will have the opportunity to assist the finance team with day to day operational activities, as well as on-going projects and simultaneously learn about the trends and new developments in the logistics industry and the
specifics of a finance organization in a unique entrepreneurial environment. You can further develop your professional skill set and be prepared for a successful career start.
- Assist the team with analytical and controlling related tasks as well as any preparatory work
for month-end closing
- Pro-active and independent management of small project-related tasks
- Identify optimization opportunities of current process and prepare execution of those
- If necessary, support the finance team in all billing-related processes and any ad hoc enquiries of
suppliers and customers
Education / Skills:
- You are currently in an advanced stage of your bachelor’s degree in business related fields such as finance/ accounting / general management or international business
- You have a solid understanding of accounting and finance topics
- Any experience in logistics and finance related activities would be of advantage
- You are a quick learner and open to new ideas and have the ability to work in a fast changing
- You have the ability to work under pressure still striving for the best results
- You have very good knowledge of MS Office and advanced skills in Excel
- You have excellent communication skills in English and basic skills in German
Time Frame for this Position:
Minimum six months preferred starting in February 2019.
We are looking forward to your online application. In terms of any kind of question, please contact Maike Kullmann (email@example.com).
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Freight GmbH