Backed Lead Engineer (m/f/d)
Backend Lead Engineer (m/f/d)
Permanent Employee, Full-time – Köln
We are a young logistic marketplace that connects shippers and transport providers on demand, thus increasing efficiency for both. We enable safe and convenient access to a highly fragmented market using a single digital freight platform. We are an international team of agile people with both startup and industry backgrounds and data-driven mentalities.
At Saloodo! We are looking for Backend Software Engineer (m/f/d) to join our rapidly growing engineering team and help us build the future of digital logistics. Transportation is all about efficiency, speed and commitment – a perfect world to disrupt with data and technology-driven business models. Jump on board and let’s form the future world of logistics together!
- Lead and develop a team of highly international Software Engineers that have a passion for scale and performance
- Define the strategic plan with your team to design, build, and improve our core engine and platform
- Lead architectural decisions to continuously improve our technologies and standards and boost platform performance
- Collaborate closely with Product Management QA, and other development teams to define technical solutions and deliver on our release objectives
- Participate in the day to day scope of the team: Design, develop, review, deploy and maintain scalable and reliable solutions for our platform engines
- Drive platform reliability by monitoring tests and reviewing code to ensure maintainability, checking processes, and documentation
- Participate actively in the team spirit, be a role model for your team, coach and develop your team members
- You are a fast learner, with a degree in software engineering or related fields
- You can program object-oriented fluently; knowledge about domain-driven design is a plus
- You have deep knowledge of PHP plus some experience with another backend language, e.g. NodeJS, Java, Go, or Python, and good knowledge of SQL and relation databases
- You have experience in building large-scale software solutions, with an eye on performance and security
- Experience in leading a team of software engineers
- Experience in designing technical solutions alongside Product team
- You own your tasks and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment within small and talented teams
- Excellent communication skills are a must for this position
- You have excellent spoken and written communication skills in English; German being an advantage
- We are building great web service for real business across the globe, it’s not “another app”, but the most international road freight platform in the world, serving 50 countries across 4 continents and growing
- We prefer modern tech stacks and a data-driven approach
- We’ll welcome you to a great atmosphere in our office in Cologne Deutz again soon. But of course, we are currently working completely remotely and will also offer the possibility of a flexible work location in the future.
- You’ll find a diversified and inclusive work environment with an international team made up of 17 nationalities in 5 locations.
- As part of the Deutsche Post DHL Group, we are driving digitalization from within the largest logistics company in the world: Every day, our employees bring the world together, united by one common purpose: “Connecting people, improving lives.”
- We have all the perks of a start-up with no investment uncertainty thanks to being backed by the Deutsch Post DHL Group
- You’ll have plenty of chances for professional growth with us: We offer strong career support for talent development in an international environment
YOUR CONTACT PERSON
Kathrin Koch will be happy to answer your questions at email@example.com.
Have we caught your interest? Then please click on the Apply button and send us your complete application documents (cover letter, resume, references).
We are looking forward to your application!
Zahlen und Fakten
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn