Senior Director of Strategic Accounts
Job title: Senior Director of Strategic Accounts
Reporting Line: Managing Director Canada
Responsible for developing and maintaining key relationships with High Value customers.The focus is ongoing business development for strategic customers within the Wine & Spirits and large Retail sectors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop and maintain favorable contact with high level decision makers including C-suite level and work to understand strategic business challenges while developing a business fit between DGF and the customer.
- Focus is on delivering Customer Satisfaction by leveraging the organization’s network and ensuring all stakeholders are engaged.
- Stay focused on performance management of the accounts at both a local level and Global level with network partners.
- Develop proposals and sales plans that support increased sales from targeted prospects.
- Aggressively seek and initiate new business relationships with large companies within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Manage overall prospect relationships, including dealing with each prospects' highest buying levels and coordinating the activities of prospect-focused teams
- Identify business opportunities, and assess prospective customer needs
- Manage the processes and delivery of Bids, RFQ's , proposals and quarterly business reviews
- Communicate and drive with product stakeholders large Ocean Freight carriers strategy , aligning block space agreement and strategic carrier and routing solutions
- Understanding of the W&S market, its dynamics, seasonality and relationship with suppliers
Minimum Requirements (Education, experience and skills):
- Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, resourcefulness and empathy. Analyzes and resolves complex cross-functional issues
- Well-developed relationship skills and ability to network with multiple levels of an organization and other business units
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline and/or 10-15 years of experience in Ocean Freight Forwarding / Ocean carriers / high volume retailers with Ocean Freight business in the area of transportation, logistics or supply chain
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power point.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to listen and determine customer’s needs and determine strategies and action plans.
- Effective presentation & negotiating skills.
- Service oriented individual exhibiting a professionalism and sincerity.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Availability and willingness to travel frequently
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding Canada
No Business Travel
Day time only