Director, Temperature Management Solutions & DHL Same Day, LATAM
At DHL people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
As a Global Top Employer, DHL Global Forwarding is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
DHL Same Day is a 24x7x365 expedited transportation company which is part of DHL Global Forwarding.
Overall role purpose:
To drive DHL Same Day (DHLSD) business and growth agenda within assigned territory through the pro-active identification, assessment, pursuit and win of new sales opportunities while maintaining and organically growing base clients. The ideal candidate will reside within this region.
Main tasks & key responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain customer relationships that contribute positively to DHL Same Day (DHLSD) & LifeConEx revenue and profitability
- Ensure constructive communication between customer and DHLSD & LifeConEx functional departments
- Using information gained from customer and prospect interaction, work with DHLSD & LifeConEx functional departments to increase DHLSD & LifeConEx competitiveness and viability
- Ensure that personal and organizational goals are met
- Develop and execute business strategy and plan to achieve DHLSD & LifeConEx short and long term goals.
- Develop new relationships among existing and new DHLSD & LifeConEx customers that allow for revenue growth
- Use CRM and other technological tools (i.e. Salesforce) to manage customer relationships
- Develop new business using all available lead sources working closely with other DHL units (DGF, CSI, DHLE, DSC, etc.) as well as other partners
- Plan and participate in relevant industry trade shows in responsible region with the goal of developing new customer relationships and increasing DHLSD & LifeConEx brand recognition
- Negotiate business agreements with customers that ensure mutually beneficial relationships
- Engage other functional departments wherever necessary to close new business or maintain key customer relationships
- Conduct face-to-face and remote presentations as needed
- Maximize return on travel and entertainment expenses
- At least 5 years of relevant logistics industry experience, preferably in the Life Science vertical market
- Ability to work under pressure and help a team accomplish key deliverables in an environment of multiple – sometimes conflicting – priorities.
- Excellent ability to maintain constructive working relationships across the organization, high attention to detail and focus on customer advocacy
- Very strong customer orientation, excellent interpersonal skills, good conflict management and negotiation skills
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent in English with excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Multilingual skills strongly preferred
- Knowledge of air and ocean freight and life sciences cold chain logistics
- Ability to develop pricing models
- Ability to multitask
- Cross-cultural Competency
- Ability to work independently and flexibly while managing stress effectively
- College preferred
- Any technical experience in packaging, pharmaceutical quality or manufacturing could be beneficial
- Experience with CRM tools
- Competent with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, email software
DHL offer its employees a competitive salary along with a full benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance along with 401k and tuition assistance.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
Please note a resume is required to apply for all DHL positions.
Zahlen und Fakten
Sky Courier, Inc.
more than 75%
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn