IT Process Optimization Expert (m/f/d)
This role exists to enable DHL Supply Chain business to ensure available IT technologies are constantly implemented on the floor and not only during project activity. DSC customers expects DHL to keep improving the processess and thus reduce the operative costs and IT plays a key role in this improvement. He/she works by analyzing existing operations to achieve 2 key targets:
1. Ensure existing technologies and processes are fully used and help people on the floor to use the given technologies as they were designed for them
2. Implement new processess using all known technologies (i.e. ONE.Scanner, Automation, etc...) to support operations to achieve better operative results
He/she has the responsibility to work in close collaboration with every operation in MLEMEA to identify, quantify and implements the needed process improvements in close work with OpsEX and Local IT as well.
A.1. Assess AS-IS Situation and Identify Improvements
- Work with Local Operations, IT and OpsEX to identify potential process improvements
- Evaluate IT cost and complexity for the identified improvements
- Explain expected final result of optimizations to OPS and ensure it is correctly understood
- Leverage skills of Local IT to distribute IT Product knowledge and empower DSC MLEMEA overall to deliver optimized solutions
A.2. Ensure Existing Solution is Properly Used and Identify Re-Usable Solutions
- Execute training toward local OPS, OpsEX and IT to ensure existing IT Products are well known (i.e. Hands-On Training) whenever possible within the language limitations
- Identify pragmatic solutions to overcome practical problems and avoid implementation of new solutions when not required
- Promote and stimulate re-use of existing solutions for similar needs implemented in other sites/countries so to minimize
reinventing the wheel
A.3. Define and Implement Process Improvements
- Design new processes via available IT Solutions that will provide operations the required improvements (i.e. ONE.Scanner)
- Use technical consultancy of developers in region or locally to implement needed improvements following right principles
of IT as maintainability, scalability and supportability
- Guarantee adherence of the solution toward regional and global IT Strategy but pro-actively identify and submit improvements into the IT Product Roadmap
- Support Live and Post-Live activities for the implemented solutions
B.1. Assigned Project Deliverables Management
- Implement assigned deliverables within agreed budget and timeline
- Clearly communicate any deviation in budget & schedule with explanation on the reason of the deviation
C.1. People Management
- Transmit passion to the work and to the DPDHL and MLEMEA strategic programs
- Guide people in the change process from actual operative procedures to the new procedures
- Minimum 2 years of DPDHL in an IT team preferably on implementation projects
- Expert in one or multiple DHL IT Products part of the solution
- Familiar with software engineering skills, logistic process, logistic engineering, project management agile methodology, system integration, …"
- Travels in EMEA may be required (depending on project)
- Ability to work in a high-pressure demanding environment
- Ability to translate process requirements into system requirements
- Analytical skills
- Pragmatic mindset. solutions must work in real world, not only in a theoretical scenario
- Customer and supplier contact
- Ability to manage own and outsourced work in an organized and methodical way, maintaining accurate records and reporting progress
- Ability to train colleagues in the system
- Ability to help colleagues with specific expertise and to coach on content and skills (buddy principle)
- Detailed knowledge of logistics processes (warehousing and transportation)
- Ability to influence and drive strategic view in the projects and solutions, emphasizing best practices, high quality and high efficient results
Expected years of experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience with IT product implementation or customization of logistics applications (from medior)
- Minimum 3 years experience with IT product implementation or customization of logistics applications (senior only)
Expected educational experience:
- Bachelor degree (HBO/Hogeschool) in an IT or business discipline, or relevant experience preferably in supply chain and/or logistics sector
- Good knowledge of and insight in E2E supply chain management
We offer excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great development opportunities.
Ms. Anna Kortmann is happy to answer your questions under phone 0049 (0) 228 182 47712.
Interested in this responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on “Apply Here” and send us your complete application, including a cover letter, CV, references, your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. You can find further information at dpdhl.jobs.
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Supply Chain Management GmbH