Job Title:Warehouse Associate
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure we transport our customers of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. This also includes special transport-related services.Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
As a Warehouse Agent you will be responsible for all aspects of warehouse functions including the receiving, storing, handling, shipping and preparing of product for customer delivery while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and Pallet Jack to load, unload and move freight within the warehouse.
- Efficiently work with the existing Warehouse Management Data base system (i.e. MGMS, FSI, Logis, LMMS or other similar programs)Knowledge of and ability to handle dangerous goods
- Knowledge of and ability to handle life science shipments
- Using and navigating the LOGIS Trace (TR) function
- Navigating through the LMWS system
- Linking an FSI Station inventory/on hand/warehouse receipt to a HAWB
Skills / Requirements:
- Demonstrates correct understanding of routine aspects of work
- Effectively producing written communications which are clear, fluent, concise and readily understood by recipients
- Effectively expressing ideas and thoughts verbally in individual or group situations to bring about understanding
- Creating or responding promptly to emails, writing in a concise professional manner, ensuring correct spelling and grammar
- Cooperates and works well with others in pursuit of team goals, shares information and supports others
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with people at all levels, put others at ease; promote harmony and consensus through diplomatic handling of disagreements or conflicts
- HS diploma or GED required and 1 - 3 years’ experience
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer.We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
Air Express International USA, Inc.
No travel required
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn