Ocean Freight & Business Process Operations Manager
Job Title: Ocean Freight & Business Process Operations Manager
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
We have an exciting opportunity for an Ocean Freight & Business Processes Operations Manager who will be responsible for the end to end performance and profitability of the local Ocean Freight Export/Import product team which includes Operations and Customer Service. In addition the successful candidate will develop and implement business process improvements for the air, ocean, domestic and customs products with the primary objective of reducing cost and increasing efficiency site wide.
Ocean Export/Import Operations
- Manages, oversees, and performs tasks to direct and control activities performed to effectively manage the end to end Ocean Freight Export and Import processes
- Serves as the escalation contact for customer’s Ocean Freight Export & Import shipments; responsible for the financial aspects and results; sets, communicates, and drives KPIs to ensure customer satisfaction
- Assumes responsibility for good working practices, safety, and security for customer shipments and staff
- This role drives performance of the team while ensuring quality and regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate with internal customers (Ocean Gateway, Trucking, and, Handling etc.) for seamless customer service and improve process flows; engage with sales to grow business by participating in sales meetings and customer calls
- Review and manage month end reports, review P/L, open Accounts Payables Accounts Receivables; escalates carrier performance issues when required with the US Ocean Freight Product team
- Supervises staff; responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing subordinate staff. Assigns work, sets completion dates, reviews work, and manages performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes
Business Process Organization (BPO) Manager
- Leads, coaches, motivates and develops station business process organizational (BPO) activities, process standards, optimization, and customer centric teams
- Aligns customer service activities and initiatives to support and enhance the objectives of the overall organization and drive customer satisfaction for all (air, ocean, domestic and customs) customers
- programs, process improvement (First Choice) and audits
- Drives station achievement of Customer Service KPIs; Manages and improves station Customer Service performance
- Liaises with all stations/network/IMPAT/First Choice/BPST to deploy and develop customer-related process improvements, contacts, and quality
- Identifies training needs and opportunities to develop highly skilled teams
- Station and regional escalation point for all CS and BPO-related matters
Skills / Requirements:
- 4+ years of experience with Ocean Freight Import/Export processes in the freight forwarding industry
- 2+ years of Ocean freight leadership experience
- BA/BS preferred
- Basic knowledge of Cargo Wise system preferred
- Hazmat/Dangerous Goods experience required, certification preferred
- Six Sigma experience is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentations)
- Very strong knowledge of the transportation / logistics industry
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to develop, coach, train, and mentor staff to success
- State of the art knowledge of technologies, processes, and practices
- Strategic thinking, self-directed, high energy and proactive working style
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.htmlDHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn