Head of Sales - Vietnam
• Lead and manage the Vietnam Sale Function (about 25 members) to achieve desired market position and exceed targeted performance: revenue, profitability, service quality. Participate in industry thought leadership building. Offer full range of e-Commerce Products; liaise with other business units within DHL when appropriate.
• Ensure that customers receive the highest levels of service from the network. Inculcate a culture of consultative selling approach to sell DHL products and solutions and improve the overall competitive advantage of the customer.
• Report directly to Managing Director, Vietnam
1. Customer - External
• Build sustainable and trusting relationships through a well harmonized and well-developed salesforce
• Deliver customer-focused service offerings, ensuring there is a common understanding of service expectations and solutions
• Provide customer-oriented service at all times relating to specific sales & business issues
• Co-ordinate commercial activities to retain and develop sustaining sales revenue
• Close business deals
• Drive team to deliver ease-of-use in onboarding and integration between customers and DHL
2. Customer - Internal
Regional & Country Senior Management
• Provide effective reporting of all activities to the Managing Director of Vietnam.
• Develop and maintain relationships with senior management teams
• Provide country-specific knowledge and participate in industry-related strategy setting
• Perform regular co-visits/calls with Sales to monitor development of skills and to identify further areas for training and development.
• Assist in the development of customer strategies to secure new businesses.
• Drive sales improvement through harmonized processes
3. Stakeholder - Internal
Country Office (other departments)
• Develop a working relationship with the relevant support sections e.g. Commercial, Finance, IT, Operations to ensure they are kept up to date with all issues relating to sales focus areas and customer accounts.
• Strive to deliver industry‘s best in class’ sales competence throughout the sales Teams which include harmonized processes for competency development, selection, recruitment, induction, objective setting and any other sales-related activities.
• Work closely with sub-region Sales Teams to implement Salesforce.com system to drive efficiency and transparency of Sales Performance in the e-Commerce Channel
• Identify, establish and manage multi-tiered relationships across customer and DHL organization to ensure a long-term business partnership and achievement of corporate goals.
• Collaborate with the Sales Force Automation Manager AP to implement a sales force automation system that drives both effectiveness and efficiency of sales personnel in the Direct Sales and Relationship sales segments, with full transparency of performance levels and integration within the existing DHL proprietary systems.
a. Customer Management
• Develop commercial strategies to ensure implementation and set the direction for business growth into new and existing customers through up-selling and cross-selling.
• Drive annual budgeting, regularly analyze and evaluate progress against pipeline, revenue and profit targets
b. Team Management
• Lead, motivate, train, coach and monitor performance of staff
c. Sales/Customer Account Development – Planning and Follow Up
• Formulate a personal sales plan that incorporates initiatives for identifying and gaining new business prospects and maximizes growth within the existing client base so that the required personal sales results are achieved.
• Display strong skills in customers’ analysis to ensure that all customer requirements are being fulfilled.
• Manage and co-ordinate the sales activities of Customers Accounts in order to retain and develop their revenue contribution.
• Provide ongoing training and development of the Team.
d. Margins/Profitability Assurance
• Adhere to regional standards on profit margins and discount guidelines
• Ensure all customer agreements are cost-sensitive to ensure a suggested minimum pricing tariff is set and adhered too. Any deviations from this tariff require management agreement and justification
5. People - Management
• Develop a high-performance service culture within the functional department. Plan, organize and direct and efficient and effective functional department.
• Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
• Conduct performance appraisal.
• Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of Global, Regional and Country objectives and targets: recruit, train, coach, motivate, develop
• Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly-skilled functional department.
1. Expected years of experience
• Minimum 8 years experience in Sales & Commercial environment and consultative selling
• With minimum 3-5 years experience in sales team management and accounts development (country level). Large team management exposure will be preferred
• Experience in logistic/e-logistic/eCommerce fields is compulsory.
• Good interpersonal and excellent communication skills
• Committed, goal and result oriented, customer-focused
• Maintain performance under pressure
• Familiarity with solution selling, in addition to price and product selling
• Analytical skills
• Computer literacy in Microsoft and other relevant applications
3. Educational Qualifications
• Masters in Business or equivalent
a. Competency segment "Business"
• Customer Orientation: is focused on identifying and understanding each customer’s needs. Expresses and acts on desire to assist customers in an efficient and friendly manner.
• Planning & Organizing: Sets clear and realistic goals and objectives. Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with good personal organization. Schedules time effectively and use efficient work methods and tools.
• Decision Making: Makes timely and appropriate choices based on accurate analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment even in conditions of uncertainty. Anticipates impact of decisions and plans on how to manage risk.
b. Competency segment "Leadership"
• Developing People: Facilitates the development of others through personal involvement in coaching, mentoring and sponsorship. Creates an environment that fosters learning, growth and development to improve DHL's capability to achieve the strategic vision.
• Building and Leading Teams: Knows the talent* needs of the team. Attracts and develops the people who can meet those needs. Encourages effective cooperation among team members and between teams. Inspires team spirit and the commitment to achieve high standards of performance.
c. Competency segment "Personal"
• Influencing: Persuades others of the value of an approach or idea. Gains commitment and support and gets others to willingly take action.
• Communication: Provides both verbal and written information in a timely, clear and concise manner. Expresses ideas effectively, adjusting style, tools and mode to the needs of others. Listens attentively, and summarizes or asks questions, when needed, to clarify information.
• Commitment to Excel: Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results, striving for best in class. Is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Supply Chain (Vietnam) Transportation JSC
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn