Senior Network Engineer
DHL is looking to add a Senior Network Engineer to its Secure Access Build Team in Heredia, Costa Rica. You must have a cedula and be able to work in Costa Rica. In this role, you will be the senior technical resource responsible for providing technical consultancy, design and implementation of network security solutions into the DHL Data Center network infrastructure. You will support initiatives both at global and regional levels. Additional responsibilities and skills include:
• Support Secure Access Engineering department in the delivery of properly engineered Network Security services, including the management of change and the maintenance of professional standards in the area of Security and related services
• Provide project support, technical consultancy and implementation of network security solutions into the existing infrastructure
• Provide 3rd level support for network security technologies and associated services, including technologies associated with Firewalls, Proxies, Remote Access, Application Delivery Controllers, Anti-DDoS, IPS, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, Linux etc.
• Provide problem solving and support for all intranet/internet Telecommunication services and liaising with appropriate external vendors to ensure all Telecommunication services are maintained and operated to set service levels
• Stay abreast of current technological trends, identifying technologies and products consistent with global standards that can provide commercial benefit to the organization
• Recommend new security services and subsequent implementation into the infrastructure, ensuring minimum disruption and impact to the business
• Ensures all changes to the network security infrastructure follow the change management process ensuring all changes are documented and can be supported by operations team
• Promote key ITIL processes such as Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Service Level Management, Capacity Management, etc.
• Ensure all solutions implemented follow the agreed standards
• Liaise with vendors to discuss and address infrastructure problems, projects and administrative issues
• Identify opportunities where DHL can improve service levels and / or reduce cost
• At least 5 years of experience in the field of Telecommunications and Network Security (required)
• Deep technical knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, DNS Protocols (required)
• Deep technical knowledge of Network Security technologies - Firewalls (Check Point, Juniper, Cisco), F5 BIG-IP, Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Network Intrusion Prevention Systems, Remote Access VPNs and Proxy Technologies, zscaler, Arbor and Blue Coat. (required)
• Ability to work independently and under time and workload pressure (required)
• Excellent communication, prioritization and organization skills (required)
• Highly proficient in spoken and written English (required)
• Knowledge of Linux operating system and scripting (nice to have)
DPDHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. If you would like to be considered for this elite organization, please submit your resume and cover letter online.
Zahlen und Fakten
IT Services Americas