Junior Legal Counsel
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent across the globe. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the world’s largest leaders in logistics and supply chain solutions
DHL is hiring a Junior Legal Counsel to join its Heredia, Costa Rica team. In this role, you willprovide counsel to corporate management on legal matters in alignment with the Legal Head of the Department of two business units (Express and Aviation).
As a Junior Legal Counsel ensures that business practices, policies, and dealings of DHL meet regulatory requirements to protect the organization from litigation. Researches, interprets, and prepares legal and business communication documents and contracts. Prepares and maintains official records, notices, and actions as required by international, federal, state, and local jurisdictions and by other regulatory authorities.Prepares monthly reports. Is responsible as well for Corporate Housekeeping.
- Negotiate and draft customer and supplier agreements, including NDA’s, LOI’s, subcontract agreements, and vendor agreements.
- Liaising with sales and operations teams on customer agreements.
- Provide general duties including updating contract database.
- Researches, interprets and prepares legal documents.
- Maintains official records, notices and actions as required by local jurisdictions.
- Prepares and review proposed leases and other formal agreements.
- Anticipates and guards against legal risk involving the company.
- Assists in the management of Corporate Records.
- Support the requirements of DP-DHL Corporate Guidelines in reviewing contracts with our customers.
- Provide technically accurate and commercially astute legal advice.
- Research, draft memorandum, and prepare requested briefings and findings to Sr. Counsel/ Managers.
- Advise on aspects of law and regulation applicable to the business unit.
- Liaison with external counsel and provide efficiencies in the briefing of counsel and the interpretation of their advice.
- May assist in sourcing, soliciting, and collaborating with external legal counsels.
- Contract review and negotiation in line with instructions issued from divisional units assigned.
- External law firms liaison process to conclude transactions.
- General counsel/ advice, legal disputes/litigation process.
- “General Counsel”; providing more global and specialized advice in specific areas of the law including, Competition/ Anti-trust, Intellectual Property, Aviation, Information Technology, Procurement, Data Protection, Employment & Labor Law.
- Demonstrate ability to influence decisions/actions through provision of value-added inputs into the organization’s business processes.
- Contribute or help develop a culture of quality, service excellence (for internal customers), flexibility and cost consciousness.
- Develop and proactively contribute to IKOs/ Group KPIs with remote team members and monitor individual performance (where appropriate).
- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop further
·Law Mayor degree (Licenciatura preferred but can be considered with Bachelor degree)
·Advanced English level (written and verbal)
· 1-3 years as a lawyer: Corporate background and multinational countries preferred but can have experience in customs, claims, in a firm, not criminal experience.
·Able to work under pressure
· Analytical skills
DPDHL offers excellent opportunities of professional growth, with attractive benefits package and competitive salary conditions.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Express (USA), Inc.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn