Application Support Specialist
DHL is hiring an Application Support Specialist for its Heredia Cafetal Corporate Center office. In this role, you will be 1st level technical support for MyDHL+, a mission critical web based shipping tool built on the Java platform. You will effectively manage maximum availability and minimize disruption to MyDHL+ and ensure that all agreed targets, SLA's and Metrics are met.
You will provide service consultation, guidance, proactive monitoring and problem solving expertise with respect to complex technical issues, support internal customers, initiatives and projects relating to MyDHL+. In the event of an emergency incident, you will actively manage the target resolution. This is a technical role that requires a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience supporting large enterprise web applications. It’s also a customer facing role so a service oriented attitude and willingness to learn business logic is needed. Additional skills and responsibilities include:
• BasicExperience supporting Java/J2EE applications for large enterprise web solutions required.
• Basic Experience with Unix, Linux, SQL, Web Servers.
• Monitoring tools experience (Splunk, BSM, Dynatrace and Uptrends is a plus)
• Deliver assigned services according to agreed SLA’s (TRT, Availability, and Performance)
• Act as a primary point of contact for all RUN related aspects of the service (Incident Management, Problem Management, Capacity Management, etc.)
• Maintain service production and pre-production environments and systems
• Perform capacity planning, monitoring and systems tuning to ensure service availability and performance
• Assess implementation options and recommend appropriate processes to clients
• Ensure adherence to testing and installation procedures and resolve deviations
• Follow quality standards and policies (ITIL)
• Interact with members of the IT community and business to address both run and build/project topics
• Good understanding of IT infrastructure (HW, network, OS, DB, middleware)
• Very good communication skills
• Very good analytical skills and structured approach
• Organizational skills, experience with matrix management
• Ability to work independently, self-motivation and self-confidence
• Strong customer focus
• Fluent English (written and spoken) required
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Americas), Inc.
No travel required