Regional Managing Director Same Day (m/w/d)
About DHL Global Forwarding
DHL Global Forwarding is the air and ocean freight specialist of the DPDHL Group and is the world's leading provider of air freight and number two in ocean freight. With approximately 30,000 employees worldwide, we are present in more than 150 countries and territories. Through our network, which is focused on service, quality and sustainability, we connect people all over the world and improve their quality of life. This applies not only to our customers, but also to every single member of our team.
Our customers need a reliable, flexible and credible partner who makes their everyday logistics life easier: with more convenience, more quality and more speed. We at DHL Global Forwarding have always focused our thoughts and actions on our customers. We offer integrated air and ocean freight solutions with a variety of time-definite products, industry-specific logistics concepts and innovative value-added services from the beginning to the end of a supply chain. We are supported by modern IT and communication systems for the coordination and control of complex transport networks.
Are you motivated to make our customer service even better? Then we should get to know each other. Become part of an international network and benefit from a variety of advantages!
At our head office in Frankfurt am Main we are looking for you for our customer service team as
Regional Managing Director Same Day (m/f/d)
Permanent and full-time
Field of activity
- Represent DHL with strategically important customers to enhance Same Day business opportunities
- Represent DHL Same Day in pricing/contract negotiations
- Ensure compliance with programs, procedures, audits, and standards as required
- Provide leadership to ensure business objectives are clearly communicated and consistently implemented
- Define and execute business plan to grow and globalize the DHL Same Day products and services
- Partner with all DHL business units to develop opportunities for revenue and business growth
- Develop relationships and negotiate cost and service levels with both internal and external vendors
- Contributor of Senior Managment Team providing insights, collaboration and innovation
- Lead, develop and execute all aspects of the business plan, including sales and sales incentive programs, marketing campaigns, program management, project management, customer information, pricing, strategic planning, accounting, etc.
- Direct and manage all Same Day customer and supplier contracts, terms/conditions and methods of conducting business; maintaining compliance with DPDHL policies and procedures and business practices
- Ensure Same Day product plan aligns with and complements the DHL Global Forwarding global product suite
- Develop and manage the specific business plan and budget for regional Same Day location, ensuring alignment with the overall DPDHL and DHL Global Forwarding goals and objectives
- Ensure annual business plans are met, including revenue, cash flow, EBITA, service levels and employee opinion satisfaction and that appropriate corrective action is taken to rectify any variance
- Work with field organization to train on Same Day products and provide support
- Typically requires 15+ years related field experience, including 10+ years of industry experience and 5-8 years’ experience in a Transportation/Logistics business management position
- Has extensive depth and breadth of expertise and experience in general management and/or functional leadership
- A wide and comprehensive acquaintance with, and understanding of, both general and specific aspects of work supervised and practical application to problems and situations ordinarily encountered
- Ability to work under pressure, strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
- The opportunity to play an active role in a globally operating group, to help shape the digital transformation of DHL Global Forwarding and DPDHL Group
- A challenging and supportive environment that gives you the tasks you need to grow and develop your potential
- The advantages of being part of an extensive, international network of specialists and managers
- Competitive salary structures
- Professional training, extensive eLearning and personal development opportunities
- Excellent social benefits, pension plan with employer's allowance, family service and various privileges
- Comprehensive company health management, sports facilities
We are looking forward to your application!
Do you see these varied and responsible tasks as a personal challenge? Then apply now with your complete documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates) and with details of your salary expectations via the apply button.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding GmbH
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn