Ground Support Equipment Maintenance Mechanic (A3, 3rd Shift)
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Deliveries and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Grow your CAREER today…
We have an immediate career opportunity for a qualified GSE “Ground Support Equipment” Maintenance Mechanic at our Erlanger, KY hub. As a GSE Mechanic, you will provide a variety of facility management, administrative management and general office support duties at the Mechanic level, including but not limited to the following:
Tasks & Accountabilities
- Strong leadership skills are a must with a proven track record.
- Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must have a full understanding of the GSE operations and its goals.
- The ability to affectively prioritize to best service our customers.
- Must be safety oriented with a proven record for working and leading others why’ll adhering to defined safety guidelines and processes.
- Be able to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on assigned equipment and components.
- This position requires excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in reading and comprehending electrical connection diagrams and schematics.
- Will utilize hand tools, electrical testing equipment, and computers in the performance of duties.
- Will occasionally be required to operate forklifts, scissor lifts, snorkel/boom lifts, pallet jacks, and small conveyance vehicles.
- Will be required to wear applicable personal protective equipment (including arc flash protection gear), and follow rules and regulations related to a detailed lockout/tag out (LOTO) program.
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Must have the general knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must understand and have the ability to interact with a computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
Skill & Qualification:
- Level understanding and wide application of principles, theories and concepts related to GSE Maintenance to include.
- Preventative and corrective maintenance of Aircraft handling and Ground Support Equipment and Support components.
- Repairs to include complete troubleshooting and testing of associated parts and components related to the function of the equipment as well as vehicle washing, cleaning, oil changes, greasing and inspection of hoses, belts, fluids and wiring.
- Performs vehicle repairs by disassembling and overhauling engines, transmissions, clutches, rear ends, and other assemblies. Replaces worn or broken parts, aligns wheels, adjusts brakes, tightens bearings, and tunes engines.
- Conducts routine and periodic inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns. Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of K-loaders, Tugs, Aircraft Push Tractors, Belt loader, KVAs, Ground Power Units, Forklifts, Vans, Trucks (gasoline and diesel), As well as all other Motorized and Non-Motorized Airport equipment.
- Inspect equipment engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately.
- Knowledge of equipment diagnostic systems and methods needed to inspect the equipment's computer and electronic systems for repair, maintaining and upgrades.
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating, changing parts etc.) to maintain the functionality and longevity of the equipment. Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts or fix issues (e.g. leaks).
- Provide accurate estimates (cost and time) for a repair. Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise operators on good equipment use.
- Requires excellent troubleshooting and communication skills. Knowledge in reading and comprehending electrical connection diagrams and schematics
- A complete understanding of specific aspects of work supervised and practical application to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, frequently at times.
- Must be able to lift up to 70lbs regularly.
- Must be able to work in hot and cold environments to include inclement weather.
- Must be able to stand for long durations.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Express US