Global Customer Manager Energy (m/f/x)
TODAY, YOU’RE STIMULATING THE WAY A CUSTOMER SUCCEEDS.
TOMORROW, YOU’RE SHAPING THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS.
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
Customer Solutions & Innovation (CSI) is DHL's cross-divisional commercial and innovation unit. We are responsible for managing DHL's largest and most strategically important customers providing them with sector expertise, best in class account management and most innovative products & solutions.
We are looking for a Global Customer Manager (m/f/x) (GCM) who will take care of one of our major Energy Sector customers in the MEA region to be based in or near Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. As a GCM you will be responsible to build customer value through strong relationships, building on our global partnership with the customer using aligned strategies & approach resulting in a sustained profitable growth for DHL.
Strategic customer engagement & planning
- Lead strategic customer dialogues with global decision makers to identify customer's business objectives, supply chain requirements & challenges
- Create future opportunities by translating customer needs & business trends into potential solutions
- Link senior DHL executives with account counterparts at board or senior management level
Relationship & opportunity development
- Position yourself as a strategic resource in a way that senior customer management seeks advice on high impact topics
- Proactively identify opportunities and develop recommendations on a global & regional level based on financial attractiveness, risk and fit of customer requirements with DHL capabilities
- Manage the renewal agenda in a proactive manner at a global and regional level
Preparing, winning & implementing the deal
- Create and present high complexity solutions to customer demonstrating clear business & solution fit
- Ensure common understanding of service expectations & solutions both with the customer, DHL countries/regions & within CSI
- Challenge solution delivery team to ensure customer inputs & requirements are translated into DHL offer
Service management & account maintenance
- Act as key contact for customer and channel the communication to account teams and DHL internal functions
- Support effective Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSS) process & drive follow up activities to increase customer satisfaction year-on-year
Strategic Thinking & Targeting
- Translate customer strategy into meaningful business opportunities of value for DHL divisions extended to board level independently, and ensure buy-in for the same
- Proactively identify best fit opportunities for DHL across regions/products/solution
Selling & Influencing
- Develop & articulate business and solution fit that reflects customer’s requirements, sector & product knowledge
- Develop proposals that adhere to internal guidelines & commercial standards
- Prepare for commercial discussion by identifying customer’s buying criteria & developing strong pricing & negotiation strategies that incorporates knowledge of competitor’s position
Developing Commercially Viable & Innovative Solutions
- Proactively offer x-divisional solutions that leverage all relevant products & capabilities of DHL divisions
- Engage customers through consulting studies & customer workshops to identify opportunities to offer innovative solutions, by leveraging a broad network of resources internal and external
- Understand key DHL & customer’s business drivers (e.g revenue, cost) & anticipate impact of business decisions & solutions based on the macro-economic environment
Working Across the Business
- Coordinate divisional account team (e.g. monthly team calls) and ensure that necessary resources are available on a global scale
- Involve relevant CSI & divisional key stakeholders & secures buy-in & support for CDP, solution offering and implementation
- University degree in Business, Logistics or related
- 10-12 years’ experience in Logistics Industry, Service Industry, within the sector or with the customer
- 5 years’ experience with one or more DPDHL divisions in regional/ global environment
- 7-10 years’ of commercial management experience
- 5 years’ consultative selling experience working at board level in an international environment
- 5 years’ experience in solution design, operational, performance and project management
- Prior experience of working at or with Saudi Aramco
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Effective presentation & facilitation skills
- Excellent business English (written and oral)
- Native Arabic language skills
- Structured work approach
- International exposure and cultural sensitivity
- Ability to engage and lead discussions at board level with senior management
- Ability to work independently and within a team to deliver results
- Ability to lead and influence without formal authority
- Ability to adapt and perform under changing and uncertain conditions
- Ability to manage virtual, global teams
- Willing to undertake (extensive) international travel
- Extensive experience and knowledge of logistics requirements for the Energy industry
We offer excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great development opportunities.
Anna Kortmann will be happy to answer your questions via telephone +49 228 182 47712.
Interested in this responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on “Apply Here” and send us your complete application, including a cover letter, CV, references, your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. You can find further information at dpdhl.jobs.
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Zahlen und Fakten
Deutsche Post DHL Research and Innovation GmbH
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn