FTL / OTR Operational Planner
Job Title:FTL / OTR Operational Planner
Job Location:Dallas, TX
The FTL / OTR Operational Planner is a highly specialized position with a plethora of challenges and responsibilities. This position designs and documents work flow, manages and provides solutions to new business unit ideas, trends, and concepts appropriately through the latest technological paths, understanding the customer’s business requirements and business process management, and then translates them to particular businessrequirements.
- Develop new processes, vendors, service offerings and definitions, implementation and changes we need to make quickly to accommodate business as needed
- Work with customer (internal and external) to fully review all opportunities outside the core services anddetermine the correct solutions and response to customers.
- As new service capabilities are identified, ensure steps are being taken to educate Product Management.
- Participate in team discussions on new services, develop SOP’s for operations, review accuracy at all steps from beginning to end for potential gaps in understanding and process completion/revision.
- Ensure proper communication between customers and ops, spot check invoicing to ensure correct 1st time, ensure vendors are invoicing per agreed rates.
- Evaluate profitability and performance and overall impact on Product and DGF.
- Constantly re-negotiate all aspects as changes occur or uncovered
- Work with colleagues from all departments, associates, professional and leaders to ensure all are educated in our strategic goals and processes and have the training and tools to succeed.
- Share all knowledge with appropriate parties so success can be achieve at all times
Skills / Requirements:
- 1 - 3 years of FTL / OTR experice is a MUST
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Drayage experience a nice to have
- Experience using MS Word, Outlook, and Excel a must
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
- Good knowledge of Customer Service processes and systems
- Ability to meet customer needs in a pleasant and friendly manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good telephone and E-mail etiquette and skills
- Good knowledge of English language (verbal/written) skills
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn