System Support Specialist (Database)
Our Infrastructure Operation team is looking for a new team member!
Infrastructure Operations teamruns and maintains the global hosting infrastructure and its components within the ITS datacenters as well as providing countries with remote infrastructure management and support.
Our goal is to ensure that the organization has the right knowledge and capabilities to deliver 1st and 2nd level support for infrastructure, keeping the infrastructure up and running 24x7x365
As a System Support person in Infrastructure Operation team; wesupport, maintain and monitor the datacenter infrastructure (Kuala Lumpur, Prague and US) 24 x 7 and ensure that underlying infrastructure (hardware, operating systems, databases and middleware) availability meets the agreed Service Level targets..
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will need to proactively undertake the maintenance and administration of computer hardware, software and operations tools in support of the delivery of the IT service.
- You are responsible to improve system availability with proactive work to avoid outages and performance issues, with particular focus on maintenance services for all infrastructure used by the Operations Centre. This includes O/S (Unix, Windows, Linux) databases (Oracle, Informix, MySQL, Sybase, MSSQL, Teradata, Quest Shareplex, MongoDB, PostgreSQL), Unibol, Storage Area Network, Spoolers etc. The operations tools include HP Open View
Operations, Mercury TOPAZ, and Tivoli Maestro).
- You will engage with project management to confirm that infrastructure components meet the acceptance criteria and are to the required standard.
- We emphasize teamwork hence provide advice and guidance to junior colleagues is a must.
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
- Oracle RDBMS with RAC, ASM, Active Dataguard, Cloud Control (OEM)
- Informix IDS with HDR, CM, ER
- MongoDB with Replicaset, Shading, Automation Agent, OPS Manager
- Quest Shareplex Replication
- Informix IDS with HDR, CM, ER, RSS
- BASH, KSH, Python scripting
- Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) & Veritas Cluster System (VCS) administration
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 3–5 years working experience as a database administrator
- Familiar with databases components that mentioned above.
- Willing to pick up multiple database platforms (Oracle, Informix, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, ..)
- Install, Setup, maintain, patch & support for database environment
- Solid experience in Oracle RMAN Backup & Recovery with Media Manager (Veritas Netbackup)
- Administration skills in Linux (RHEL 5 - 7) andUNIX (HP-UX 11.11 – 11.31)
- Must be able to provide 24x7on-callsupport and Work Shift basis. Prepare to support for maintenance during theweekendand public holidays
- Must be able to work on 2 rotational shifts (morning & noon)
- Solid experience in RMAN Backup & Recovery with Veritas Netbackup 7.7
- Hands-on experience of Database Backup and restore, full, differential, and log backups, ability to handle a serious DB DR Situation.
- Proficiency in Active Data Guard Setup, Administration and Troubleshooting
- Excellent understanding of high availability environments, RAC & Grid Infra cluster knowledge
- Pro-active database monitoring
- Proficiency & Solid skill in scripting (bash, ksh, Python)
- Must be willing to work on long hours and willing to travel with short notice
- Results oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality
- Strong in information acquisition and analysis, constructive challenge, building and managing partnerships, flexibility and stress management
- Creativeproblem-solvingskills and ability to work conceptually
- Customer-centricand end-users focused
- Mustbe experiencedin implementing, supporting and managing large enterprise systems is essential
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English for both written and oral
- Constructive team player with positive attitude on team work cooperation.
- Strong & Solid logical, analytical thinking, troubleshooting & problem-solving skill
- Great team work & excellent communication skill with multi-national culture &global working exposure.
- Positive thinking & helpful with “can do” attitude.
- Work independently with minimum technical supervision and provide guidance to team mates.
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
·ITIL Foundation/ Certification knowledge a plus.
- Quest Shareplex
- MongoDB 3.x and OPS Manager
- Informix IDS RDBMS ver 7.x – 12.x with HDR, CM & ER (value added)
- MySQL 5.x – 8.x administration (value added)
- Quest Shareplex replication for Oracle (value added)
- PostgreSQL 8.x and above (value added)
- Solid RHEL Linux Admin Skill
- Knowledge in Veritas Netbackup
- Knowledge in HP Openview monitoring (OVO, OML, OMI)
- Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) administration
- Knowledge in Veritas Cluster Server (VCS)
- Administration Skill in Oracle Cloud Control (OEM) 12c and 13c
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
- Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
- Smart casual everyday
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUTUS - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of logistics industry, we at IT Servicesaltogetherrepresent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn