System Support Analyst
Our Infrastructure Operation team is looking for a new team member!
Infrastructure Operations team runs and maintains the global hosting infrastructure and its components within the ITS datacenters as well as providing countries with remote infrastructure management and support.
Our goal is to ensure that the organization has the right knowledge and capabilities to deliver 1st and 2nd level support for infrastructure, keeping the infrastructure up and running 24x7x365
As a System Support person in Infrastructure Operation team; we support, maintain and monitor the datacenter infrastructure (Prague, Kuala Lumpur, Mechanicsburg & DR locations) 24 x 7 and ensure that underlying infrastructure in particular system and hardware availability meets the agreed Service Level targets.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You are responsible to provide end-2-end second level infrastructure support
- You are required to support infrastructure mainly server under production status to ensure high system availability meeting business expectation
- You are required to document down the best practices and adhering to formal standard and processes as currently laid down. Proactively looking for continuous improvement ideas to raise the service quality.
- You will need to proactively undertake the maintenance and administration of computer hardware, software and operations tools in support of the delivery of the IT service.
- You are responsible to improve system availability with proactive work to avoid outages and performance issues, with particular focus on O/S (Linux/Unix) maintenance services
- You will engage with vendors during system troubleshooting and proactive activity in meeting required standard.
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
·Unix command, Bash, Perl, PHP
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent engineering experience is required
- At least 1-3 year experience in Linux/Unix system administration
- Have exposure to infrastructure support under data center environments
- Ability to work independently and under pressure when need arises during disaster recovery.
- A team player, fast learner & customer oriented
- Willing to work shift on week day and be on call during weekend on rotation basis
- Must be able to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis during the weekend and also prepare to work during public holidays
- Fluent in English and able to communicate and interact effectively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Technical expertise expected :
oExperience in Operating Systems support (Redhat or HPUX or AIX)
oUnderstand clustering technologies concept. Especially VCS and MC-Service Guard
oFamiliar with Veritas product including Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas File System
oBasic experience in Unix command and scripting. Eg. Bash, Perl, Php
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- Knowledge on Global Service Now, ITIL, Change Management process
- Has experience with hardware and architectures Eg. HP, IBM or Huawei hardware
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
- Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
- Smart casual everyday
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUT US - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
·Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
·Runs more than 7700 servers;
·Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
·Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
·200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL IT Services Asia Pacific