Senior Software Engineer
Begin your career with DHL IT Services!
We are seeking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team. You will encompass within development and design the whole 'value-added' chain involved in practically developing and implementing complex solutions that meet the needs of the customer.This includes the analysis of systems and requirements, and the design and build of solutions that may be off-the-shelf or through third-parties.
You are required to solve high complexitytechnical issuesand provide Quality Assurance, Configuration, Testing, Training or Documentation services to implement the final solution.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Present to or influence customer representatives or vendors and resolve issues
Conduct interviews with customers to establish their requirements, presenting concepts and proposals, and providing updates on deliverables
Act as a coordinator across projects to prevent delays or misunderstandings
Coordinate collaboration with external service providers in terms of assembling own or third-party system components
Customize COTS based on pre-determined parameters, and executes customizing tests
Document work using the required standards, methods and tools
Assist in definition, initiation and design of architecture in projects/ programs
Provide expert advice, training and technical assistance to development team, lower level service and support staff
May lead others in developing innovative solutions to highly complex problems and contribute to employees’ professional development
Act as technical lead of development teams on issues of performance, tools, and standards
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
11 years of experience in software engineering with relevant qualifications in IT field and methods including formal methods (e.g. Prince 2)
An experienced professional contributor with responsibility for an advanced area of work in the professional field
Knowledge and/ or experience in application of the subject matter expertise as described in the relevant Competencies Development sheets
Inquisitive and analytical mind and excellent understanding of the role and potential for IT in a business context
Proven ability to manage non-direct reports to achieve results and work in a multi-cultural multi-functional environment where consensus is critical for success
Customer and end-user focused and excellent oral and written communications skills
Analytical skills, conceptual thinking, customer focus, seeking information skills, forming relationships, planning and organization skills and teamwork
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT(S)
- Strong knowledge in current EDI industry standards (EDI, ANSI, RosettaNet, etc).
- Familiar with EDI implementation best practices and guidelines.
- Sound knowledge of Business Process and back-end applications ( DGF, Express, Supply Chain and Global Mail)
- Competent in EDI Technologies / tools. Example, GXS, Webmethods, Webservices, BPM, BAM, Cyclone, IBM MQ Series, CI
- ITS Build methodologies to plan, organize and perform configuration design and testing of new applications / systems. ( Example: Configuration Management, Test Management, Unix scripting, C or C++)
- Operating Systems for the different technological environments. Examples : Windows NT, MVS, Unix, Linux
- Experiences in supporting data storage ( Oracle, SQI, Informix), ISQL data extraction
- EDI Integration solutions – development and implementation experiences in electronic data exchange with our trading partners and DHL applications and information management systems.
- Configuration Management and coordinate the end-to-end integration testing.
- Familiar with DHL ITS Build solution delivery process.
- Project management, Biz System Analysis, and B2B EDI solution development and implementation.
- DCG technical consultancy and design end-to-end integration B2B and EDI solution
- Extend 3rd level production supports for DCG EDI customer solutions deployed globally
- Willing to work on shifts.( AP, EU, US)
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
Great Team of IT Professionals with Global Working Exposure
Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – Customized According to Individual Needs
On-Going Professional and Technical Training and Certifications
A Multicultural Environment in Modern Offices
Choose Any Day for Your Vacation From Earned Public Holiday (Saturday and Ad Hoc)
Smart Casual Everyday
Global Internal Job Opportunities Available Within DPDHL
Unlimited Outpatient Medical
Home Office Possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
DHL IT Services – AboutUs
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man days per year of development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of thelogisticsindustry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.