Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Our Infrastructure Engineering team is looking for a new team member!
As an InfrastructureEngineer,yourtask is to build and configure new and existing systems with respect to infrastructure and application software standards as part of the implementation process at theGlobaland Regional level.
To provide technical consultancy to internal/external DHL customers to support the implementation planning for the successful deployment
Response to and resolution of issues with both the regional and global infrastructure server environment setup hosted within the ITS and region for the Operating Systems / Hardware / Infrastructure applications to ensure maximum provision of service.
The team provides Middleware Build/Deployment services, Discover and Rollout new Technical Build Standards, Develops Automated Procedures and support Release To Production activities.
The department is also focused on providing 3rd level support for Infrastructure incidents and problem resolution. The team also works with ITSS on Infrastructure Standards, Roadmap and Lifecycle management, develop or update Service Descriptions/Cost models and contribute to Collaborative Innovation initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
·Installs Middleware software by using supplied installation instructions and tools by following theagreedstandard.
·Conducts tests of the software affected by using test procedures and diagnostic tools. You will have tocorrectmalfunctions items; you may call on other experienced colleagues and external resources if required.
·Provide technical documentation in area of expertise as required based on product lifecycle. Types of documentation include (but not limited to): Installation guide, Technical Specification, Physical Design Documentation
·Develop automation required to expedite delivery of software setup and configuration
·Resolve problems (eg poor performance) and faults (eg system failure) occurring in the operation of hardware and software
·Plays a leading role in the Middleware area, liaising with all concerned to ensure that requirements are met
·For all requests that cannot be resolved, you are required to provide an effective interface between users and service providers supplying all necessary diagnostic information according to established procedures.
·Proposes,discusses and evaluates potential solutions with service providers and implementsagreed onfield modifications or workarounds as directed
·Provides guidelines and working instructions for other teams in the support chain based on chosen technology and tools
·Provide technical expertise to resolve thethirdlevel technical support issues and ensure that all escalations are successfully resolved. Ensure that all emergency fixes/changes are appropriately documented and implemented
·Work in teams to deliver build according to project scope
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
- Oracle Weblogic
- RedHat Openshift/Kubernetes
- IBM MQ and ITCAM
- SAG WebMethods
- Apache Tomcat
- Apache HTTPD
- Microsoft IIS
- JBOSS EAP
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 5–8 years working experience inMiddleware area
- Experience in deploying Middleware software in Kubernetes form – example RedHat OpenShift
- Expertise in deployment & tuning of Oracle Weblogic, IBM MQ and ITCAM, SAG WebMethods, Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTPD, Microsoft IIS and JBOSS EAP on conventional Linux, Windows and Kubernetes platforms
- Experience in Java application tuning and use of supporting tools such as Dynatrace
·Good communication skills, customer oriented, anactivecontributor toteamwork
·Sensitive to cultural differences
- Results oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality
- Strong in information acquisition and analysis, constructive challenge, building,andmanaging partnerships, flexibility and stress management
- Creativeproblem-solvingskills and ability to work conceptually
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English for both written and oral
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification
- Certification or trained in managing Kubernetes platform such as RedHat OpenShift
- Trained in automation or workflow tools/scripting languages (e.g. Automic, Phyton or Ansible)
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
- Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
- Smart casual everyday
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUTUS - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge oflogisticsindustry, we at IT Servicesaltogetherrepresent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn