Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Unix/Veritas)
Our Infrastructure Engineering team is looking for a new team member!
We are looking for a Linux engineer who has an extensive knowledge of operating system, hardware, automation techniques and programming languages. You will be part of global team of skilled professionals who can engineer, design and bring new solutions in Linux area, embrace various challenges in large-scale environments. You will work together with DHL colleagues who deliver new technologies into day-to-day life.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Participating on project activities and on-boarding of new technologies in Linux area
- Provide consultancy on technical architecture and work on maintaining/developing standards
- Develop, test, implement and maintain/drives standards for platform builds and respective management tools
- Maintain and develops installation and configuration procedures, drive automation around all areas
- Provide 3rd line of support and problem management support for the infrastructure components and services
- Collaborate and actively contribute to other product/platform related tasks
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
·RedHat Enterpise Linux Server
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in technical infrastructure, system administration in data centre environments or in a similar role within IT
- Experience in a large, multi-vendor, computing environment preferable
- Creative problem solving skills, innovative thinking and an ability to work conceptually
- Experience with tasks automation on Linux platform
From technical requirements standpoint:
- Strong knowledge of server infrastructure and automation (Ansible is preferred)
- Strong administration skills in Linux platform preferably Redhat Enterprise
- Good knowledge of Programming/Scripting Languages
- Experience with network administration (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Proficient in troubleshooting, performance tuning and security
- Good knowledge of Intel-based H/W
- Basic understanding of clustering technologies preferably Veritas
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification
- RHEL certification
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
- Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
- Smart casual everyday
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUTUS - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge oflogisticsindustry, we at IT Servicesaltogetherrepresent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn