Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud)
Would you like to be part of DHL IT Services? Our Unix Services team is looking for a new team member.
You will provide 3rd level support for Unix/Veritas/Cloud infrastructure. You will also undertake proactive maintenance and administration of computer hardware and software, and operations tools in support of the delivery of the IT service. You will develop new tools and procedures for further customization and automatization of existing products and processes and improve system availability with proactive work to avoid outages and performance issues with particular focus on maintenance services for all infrastructure used by the Operations Centre.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide low-level design for platforms supported within area of responsibility in IT Services
- Develop, test, implement and maintain/drives standards for platform build and management, in cooperation with other Infrastructure and Operations teams, peers from other IT Services locations and related global structures
- Define and maintain operation procedures for the platform, contribute to capacity planning and HW setup standards
- Provide 3rd level support for the infrastructure mentioned above, work on problem resolution and implement selected changes (including patching, upgrades, etc.) in cooperation with production operations and other departments and vendors
- Actively cooperate and contribute on other product/platform related tasks
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Deep knowledge of RHEL operating system (senior administration level). HP-UX and AIX just as an advantage.
- Knowledge of VERITAS Infoscale (formerly Storage Foundation) and other Veritas products
- Knowledge of cloud services Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of shell scripting, Perl or Python programming languages
- Experience in a large, multi-vendor, computing environment preferable
- Results oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality
- Ability to work independently and learn new things quickly
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
·Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
·Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
·On-going professional and technical training and certifications
·A multicultural environment in modern offices
·Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
·Smart casual everyday
·Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
·Unlimited Outpatient Medical
·Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUT US - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
· Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
· Runs more than 7700 servers;
· Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
· Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
· 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn