Senior Application Support Specialist
Senior Application Support Specialist ACS-Events (Air Capacity Sales Event storage) provides consultation, guidance and problem solving expertise with respect to complex technical issues of infrastructure, design, methods, tools etc. to ensure that a robust, maintainable service is provided. Provides critical operational support to all given services. Reports to Manager of Team or Team Leader.
What you will do:
- Work as 2nd level support for internal applications
- Must be able to provide 24x7 on call rotational support, willing to work during weekends for deployments on demand basis
- Must be able to on 3 rotational shifts (morning, noon and midnight) during weekdays
- ITIL foundation and project management techniques
- Responsible for testing and release to production
- Support Events, Incidents, Problems and Critical Incident Management as required, prioritize requests in accordance with agreed criteria and the needs of the organization in accordance with SLAs
- Maintain good working relationships with appropriate internal and external DHL customers
- Provide technical support to users of business applications, using standard ITS processes and procedures
- Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation for applications support. Manages application enhancements to improve business performance. Advises on application security, licensing, upgrades, backups, and disaster recovery needs. Ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures. Provide technical reports to users and managers
- Assesses and analyses release components. Carries out the builds and tests in coordination with internal teams and administering the tools and methods – manual or automatic - and ensuring, where possible, information exchange. Ensures release processes and procedures are maintained
- Investigate problems and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions. Liaise with staff responsible for the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures
- Strong knowledge on different testing standards like Application Technical, Functional and User Acceptance Testing
- Working knowledge on global level application hosted with two region at least.
What you will need:
- Strong working knowledge on OS Unix / Linux & SQL
- Good knowledge on DB (Oracle / Informix)
- Advanced shell scripting
- Openshift Container Platform added advantages
- IBM UCD, Java, XML, Java script, JSP, XSL will be added knowledge
Other Necessary Skills:
- Fluent English – daily communication
- Analytical skills
- Excellent Written & Verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong analytical thinking
- Team Player
- Excellent influencing and negotiating
- Personal drive, commitment to excellence, resilience in adversity
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
- Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
- Smart casual everyday
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUT US - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
•Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
•Runs more than 7700 servers;
•Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
•Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
•200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
No travel required
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn