Senior Application Support Specialist (WMS)
Begin your career with DHL IT Services!
We are seeking for an experienced Application Support Specialist to join our team.
You will provide consultation, guidance and problem solving expertise with respect to complex technical issues. You need to ensure the software applications environment is well developed and maintained with high quality.
As part of team, you will need to ensure all agreed targets and Service Level Agreements are met and emergency incidents are managed and resolved within the agreed target resolution times.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- o provide advice and identify opportunities within the organization and partners.
- Assist with quality assurance of activities and educate less experienced colleagues in related areas.
- Liaises with staff for the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfil user requirements
- Be responsible for the adoption of new software releases from systems development staff or software suppliers and ensuring the continued support of the service thereafter
- Be assigned specific project related tasks by Project Manager.
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
- Unix / Linux command
- Shell Scripting
- Oracle SQL
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 5–8 years working experience in performing L2 application supportof large enterprise application
- Must be able to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis during the weekend and also prepare to work during public holidays
- Must be able to work on 3 rotational shift (morning, noon and midnight)
- Analytical and conceptual thinking and information acquisition
- Written and oral expression
- Ability to interact with people
- Persistence, initiative, creativity
- Follow-up, monitoring and decision making
- Customer Focus
- Organizational awareness
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification knowledge a plus.
- Able to construct complicated Unix Shell Script
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
On-going professional and technical training and certifications
A multicultural environment in modern offices
Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
Smart casual everyday
Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUTUS - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of thelogisticsindustry, we at IT Servicesaltogetherrepresent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn