Senior Application Support Specialist (MyDHL+)
Technology moves at a swift pace. Business relies on technology to stay competitive. Your choice to join us as an Application Support Specialist would enable you to leverage your expertise to seek for continuous improvement to support business innovate grow and improve their operations.
If you are a thirst for creativity and hunger for an opportunity of solving challenging problems that deliver high values into our business service operations for our customers, you come to the right place. As a member of the Solution Support team, you are the key backbone to determine the success of the DHL IT systems.
Embraces the right mindset to deliver first-class quality in services in production where meticulous is crucial
Your role is vital to ensure the high availability of all business applications to stay at a competitive position for the business.
Solution Support provides IT support to solutions that have been developed to enable the business processes. Each solution has an agreed service level which defines the quality that is required. We work closely with other IT functions to ensure that all aspects and components that are required to deliver the service are aligned. We strive to continuously improve our performance to ensure a competitive position for the business.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will need to provide application support and deployment services to the users within DHL, enables the required processes needed for the business to be successful
- You are required to continuously identify any area of improvement for the team to work efficiently to make our partner more successful.
- You will need to ensure maximum availability and minimal disruption to business continuity in order to meet all agreed targets, SLA's, and metrics
- You will also need to deal with people both on a business level and IT level and act as the technical point of contact to resolve their application and systems issues that disrupt the service they depend upon
- You will need to be proactively looking for continuous improvement ideas to raise the service quality for better network profitability
- You will need to perform proper problem management with the aim of eliminating the recurrence issues
- You will need to ensure that all tickets are managed and resolved within the agreed target resolution times (TRT) and also ensures that all incidents dealt with are according to incident management best practices
- We emphasize teamwork hence provide advice and guidance to junior colleagues is a must.
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
- Unix / Linux command – core skill
- Shell Scripting
- Oracle SQL / Informix SQL
- Play framework
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 5–8 years working experience in performing L2 application support
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to work conceptually
- Customers and end-users focused
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English for both written and oral
- As Senior support, must be able to work independently with less supervision
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification knowledge a plus.
- Able to write Unix Shell Scripting from scratch
- Able to understand and create complex SQL query and procedure
- ANSIBLE and JENKINS
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
- Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
- Smart casual everyday
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUT US - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.