Principal Infrastructure Engineer
We are seeking for an experienced Principal Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. You are expected to deliver technical and architecture design and standards and to provide 3rd line operational support. You will act as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the deployment of Data Lake and Big Data solutions, to support business initiatives both at Global and Regional level. You will also provide technical consultancy to internal/external DHL customers to support the implementation planning for the successful deployment of new infrastructure technologies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Selecting and integrating Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
Work on collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing huge sets of data across DHL and its applications/infrastructure
You will build databases and tables, as well as develop data integration and ingestion processes.
Design and build big data infrastructure platform, primarily based on MapR/Hadoop technologies, ensuring that the infrastructure is highly-available and secure
Develop/build security compliant user management framework for multi-tenant big data platform
Collaborate with other technology teams and architects to define and develop cross-function technology stack interactions
Define technical requirements, conduct performance tuning and provide analytical and business user support.
Capable to take on other database engineering related tasks which includes but not limited to deploy databases for business services, review data design and tune SQL if required
Ensure smooth-running of new Data Lake services and existing services in the production/ development environments
Develop and maintain build standards relevant for Data Lake Infrastructure platforms
Design and implement infrastructure improvements such as automation and/or shared platforms
Responsible for the implementation of solutions which are scalable and supportable and aligned with global standards and industry best demonstrated practices
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE
Hadoop Eco-System Components (Hadoop, MRv2, Yarn etc)
MapReduce & MapR
Scala Programming Language
No SQL Databases – Hbase/MongoDB
Hive, HiveQL and Impala
RDBMS - Oracle Database, MySQL, Microsoft SQL
Operating System – Red Hat Linux, Microsoft Windows
Monitoring software – SPLUNK, HP Omi
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a technology leader designing and developing data modeling with a minimum of 3 of those years specializing in big data architecture or data analytics (should include technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL and Map-Reduce and other Industry BigData Frameworks)
- Familiarity with Hadoop, MapR open source stack including YARN, Kafka, Hive, Pig as well as relational databases
- Broad based architecture acumen: Database architecture, ETL, SOA, Cloud, etc
- Comfortable in multi-terabyte production environments
- Highly proficient with large data sets and clusters as well as programming integration solutions
- Demonstrated skill in critical thinking and problem solving methods
- Uses appropriate facilitation techniques to gain agreement or move others to action
- Ability to work successfully in a global team environment
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT(S)
- Familiarity with various tools such as AWS, Mesos or Docker and an instinct for automation
- Experience with Java oriented technologies (JBoss, Spring, SpringMVC, Hibernate, REST/SOAP)
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, Informix), query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as Python, Java, C++, etc
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
Great Team of IT Professionals with Global Working Exposure
Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – Customized According to Individual Needs
On-Going Professional and Technical Training and Certifications
A Multicultural Environment in Modern Offices
Choose Any Day for Your Vacation From Earned Public Holiday (Saturday and Ad Hoc)
Smart Casual Everyday
Global Internal Job Opportunities Available Within DPDHL
Unlimited Outpatient Medical
Home Office Possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
DHL IT Services – About Us
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man days per year of development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of the logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.