Principal Application Support Specialist
We are seeking for an experienced Principal Application Support Specialist to join our team.
You will provide consultation, guidance and technical expertise with respect to leading-edge technologies.You will drive solutions of complex migrations & integration opportunities and transition programs.In addition, you will be expected to work closely with line managers to organize team activities and develop the team resources.
As a Service Owner and Recovery Manager, you will need to ensure all agreed targets and Service Level Agreements are met and emergency incidents are managed and resolved within the agreed target resolution times.
Your role is vital to ensure high availability of all business application to stay at a competitive position for the business.
Solution Support provides IT support to solutions that have been developed to enable the business processes. Each solution has an agreed service level which defines the quality that is required. We work closely with other IT functions to ensure that all aspects and components that are required to deliver the service are aligned. We strive to continuously improve our performance to ensure a competitive position for the business.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will need to provideconsultation to ITS, business and third parties on major and highly complex opportunities
- You will need to be able to Identifyopportunities to apply technical specialism more effectively within employing and closely associated organizations
- You will need to provide application support and deployment services to the users within DHL ,enables the required processes needed for the business to be successful
- You will need to ensure maximum availability and minimal disruption to business continuity in order to meet all agreed targets, SLA's, and metrics
- You will also need to deal with people both on a business level and IT level and act as the technical point of contact to resolve their application and systems issues that disrupt the service they depend upon
- You will need to be proactively looking for continuous improvement ideas to raise the service quality for better network profitability
- You will need to perform proper problem management with the aim of eliminating the recurrence issues
- You will need to ensure that all tickets are managed and resolved within the agreed target resolution times (TRT) and also ensures that all incidents dealt with are according to incidentmanagement best practices
- You will need to provide key technical consultation with major migration and transition programs
- You will play a lead role in complex and sizeable programs and opportunities
- We emphasize teamwork hence provide advice and guidance to junior colleagues is a must.
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
- Unix / Linux command
- Shell Scripting
- Oracle SQL
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 8-12 years of experience in Technical experience in Openshift, Unix, Oracle, MSSQL related technologies.
- Experience in Management/ Project Management, IT Management, Business Applications, Operating Systems, IT and Comms H/W, Business Analysis/ Process modeling, Statistical Analysis and Reporting,Config Management/ Testing, App Support
- Business Area Knowledge and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Conceptual thinking and customer focus
- Follow up and monitoring
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to work conceptually
- Customer-centric and end-users focused
- Prepare to work during public holidays
- Must be able to work on 3 rotational shift (morning, noon and midnight)
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English for both written and oral
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification knowledge a plus.
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
- Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
- Smart casual everyday
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUTUS - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of thelogisticsindustry, we at IT Servicesaltogetherrepresent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn