Principal Application Support Specialist
Begin your career with DHL IT Services!
We are seeking for an experienced Principal Application Support Specialist to join our team.
You will provide consultation, guidance and technical expertise with respect to leading-edge technologies.You will drive solutions of complex migrations & integration opportunities and transition programs. In addition, you will be expected to work closely with line managers to organize team activities and develop the team resources.
As a Service Owner and Recovery Manager, you will need to ensure all agreed targets and Service Level Agreements are met and emergency incidents are managed and resolved within the agreed target resolution times.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide consultation to ITS, business and third parties on major and highly complex opportunities
- Identify opportunities to apply technical specialism more effectively within employing and closely associated organisations
- Be up-to-date of current developments and carry out specific assignments related to business specialisms
- Monitor and oversee the overall performance of services which fall within your responsibility
- Drive major change initiatives or business opportunities related to your technical specialism
- Assist with quality assurance of activities and educate less experienced colleagues in related areas.
- Monitor performance of the services you are responsible for and report results as required and agreed.
- Liaise with staff for the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfil user requirements
- Provide key technical consultation with major migration and transition programs
- Play lead role in complex and sizeable programs and opportunities
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE
- Unix / Linux commands
- Shell Scripting
- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- SAG Webmethods ( IS, BPM/Process Engine, Task Engine)
- Splunk and Bespoke Monitoring suite
- Basic JVM management and troubleshooting
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- 8-11 years of experience in Technical experience in design, development and expert in Systems Development/ Maintenance and/ or technical Integration/ Migration
- Experience in Management/ Project Management, IT Management, Business Applications, Operating Systems, IT and Comms H/W, Business Analysis/ Process modeling, Statistical Analysis and Reporting, Config Management/ Testing, App Support
- Business Area Knowledge and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Conceptual thinking and customer focus
- Follow up and monitoring
- Information acquisition
- Ability to interact with people
- Organizational awareness
- Written expression
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT(S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification knowledge a plus.
- Able to write Unix Shell Scripting from scratch
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great Team of IT Professionals with Global Working Exposure
- Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – Customized According to Individual Needs
- On-Going Professional and Technical Training and Certifications
- A Multicultural Environment in Modern Offices
- Choose Any Day for Your Vacation From Earned Public Holiday (Saturday and Ad Hoc)
- Smart Casual Everyday
- Global Internal Job Opportunities Available Within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home Office Possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
DHL IT Services – About Us
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man days per year of development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of the logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL IT Services Asia Pacific
No Business Travel