Principal Application Support Specialist (Elastic Search)
We are seeking for an experienced Principal Application Support Specialist to join our team.
Principal Application Support Specialist provides consultation, guidance and problem solving expertise with respect to complex technical issues of infrastructure, design, methods, tools etc. to ensure that a robust, maintainable service is provided. Provides critical operational support to all given services. Reports to Manager of Team or Team Leader.
Solution Support provides IT support to solutions that have been developed to enable the business processes. Each solution has an agreed service level which defines the quality that is required. We work closely with other IT functions to ensure that all aspects and components that are required to deliver the service are aligned. We strive to continuously improve our performance to ensure a competitive position for the business.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work as 2ndlevel support for internal applications
- Must be able to provide 24x7 on call rotational support, willing to work during weekends for deployments on demand basis
- Willing to work on 3 rotational shifts (morning, noon and midnight) during weekdays
- ITIL foundation and project management techniques
- Responsible for testing and release to production
- Support Events, Incidents, Problems and Critical Incident Management as required, prioritize requests in accordance with agreed criteria and the needs of the organization in accordance with SLAs
- Maintain good working relationships with appropriate internal and external DHL customers
- Ensures that service delivery meets agreed service levels. In consultation with the business partners negotiates service level requirements and agrees service levels. Diagnoses service delivery problems and initiates actions to maintain or improve levels of service. Establishes and maintains operational methods, procedures and facilities in assigned area of responsibility and reviews them regularly for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Sets policy and develops strategies, plans and processes for the design, monitoring, measurement, maintenance, reporting and continuous improvement of service and component availability, including the development and implementation of new availability techniques and methods. Provide technical reports to users and managers
- Plan, execute and support implementations so the applications themselves are deployed with minimal disruption to the production environment and meet established standards. Provide deployment services for the area of competence
- Investigate problems and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions. Liaise with staff responsible for the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems.Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 8-12 years of experience in Technical experience in Openshift, Unix, Oracle, MSSQL related technologies.
- Experience in Management/ Project Management, IT Management, Business Applications, Operating Systems, IT and Comms H/W, Business Analysis/ Process modeling, Statistical Analysis and Reporting, Config Management/ Testing, App Support
- Operating Systems: Linux Red Hat / UNIX / AIX, Windows
- SQL/NoSQL Databases: Informix / Oracle, MS SQL, MongoDB
- Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Elasticsearch
- Fluent English – daily communication
- Analytical skills
- Excellent Written & Verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong analytical thinking
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent influencing and negotiating
- Information acquisition
- Follow up and monitoring
- Personal drive, commitment to excellence, resilience in adversity
- Attention to detail
- Business area knowledge and analytical skills
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification knowledge a plus.
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
- Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
- Smart casual everyday
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUTUS - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of thelogisticsindustry, we at IT Servicesaltogetherrepresent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn