Manager of Team
Joining Application Build (Development) team as a Manager of Team, you’ll lead delivery team(s). Your role is crucial to manage the delivery of cost efficient, innovative solutions to the customers whilst optimizing the time-to-market, for a given set of Products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- As an advisor and expert to the business units on specific IT and functional topics relevant to the products allocated to the team.
- Recruits, Manages and Develops a team of IT professionals, from junior staff to senior specialists in their field.
- Ensures the team is aware of and utilizes current and appropriate technology and business practices in order to ensure the SSA remains attractive and competitive in future.
- In conjunction with the Department Head, identifies and supports opportunities for re-use and sharing across ITS for components and products as well as tools and techniques.
- Provide day to day direction to the team as issues are escalated, as part of regular reviews or though direct engagement in projects.
- Manages the allocation of resources (both internal and external) to the optimum advantage of DPDHL to both protect the organizations IP and to leverage providers of commodity skills.
- Manages teams to ensure Project Delivery on time, on cost and to appropriate quality standards as well as delivery into production of cost effective, timely and innovative products and solutions.
- Responsible for managing the allocation of team resources to allow for rapid response to requests whilst balancing the overall utilization of the team.
- Optimizing the delivery cost through execution of and contributing to the agreed Sourcing Strategy
- Identifying and delivering opportunities to improve the delivery of solutions
Building and Leading Teams:
- Creating an engaged workforce along with optimal use of the available resources.
- Monitoring and directing the ongoing development of the professional team
- Ensuring that all issues related to their staff’s wellbeing are monitored and resolved
- Ensures strong cooperation with other teams and Departments
- Responsible for establishing and demonstrating a working culture within the Team that ensures maximum co-operation between ITS departments (One Team).
- Manages the overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of Information Services’ project work efforts
- Ensuring that project goals and objectives are met within agreed upon time, scope, and resource requirements.
- Develops and executes project management plans
- Works in partnership with clients, advising them how to use information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems.
- Works to improve the structure and efficiency of an organisation's IT systems.
- Provides strategic guidance to organisations with regard to IT technology, IT infrastructures and the enablement of major business processes through enhancements to IT.
- Providing guidance during selection and procurement as well providing highly expert technical assistance, and may be responsible for user training and feedback
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- MBA or Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Professional certifications as required, i.e. Prince 2 (optional)
- Information Technology professional with more than 10 years’ experience and project delivery (Solution Delivery/ Software Development) experience in a multinational company.
- Experienced in working in multi-cultural environment, managing large project teams in direct and widely dispersed geographical locations.
- Being a Team Managers (Software Development Manager/ Team Lead/Team Manager) for 3 to 5 years
- Be able to manage a team of 20+ professionals
- Strong business acumen and software technical and design knowledge
- Strong customer interaction skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in service, customer orientation and project delivery.
- Capability to manage and/or work within global multi-site organizations
- Ability to direct and influence other managers outside direct line management structure.
- Capability to lead, motivate, inspire and encourage highly skilled people
- Develop career plans for team
- Communication and presentation capability: customer facing and DPDHL internal major influencer in technical buying scenarios
- Results oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality service performance across different location and conditions.
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- Solid technical understanding of complex system integration and networking architectures Innovative approach to usage of architecture and technology
- Has 3 to 5 years Project Management experience
- Has 3 to 6 years Business Analysis/ Consultancy experience
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
- Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
- Smart casual everyday
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
In DHL IT Services Cyberjaya
Would you like to develop your career in DHL ITS Cyberjaya – Start your application now!
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn