Graduate Trainee - Software Engineer
Join our team as we strive to make life easier for our Business Units.
Your decision to join us as a Graduate Trainee with DHL IT Service will provide you with everything you need; from receiving practical learning opportunities to building and running IT solutions and infrastructure for our business units. You will be trained to be the best in your area of specialization and you could gain the knowledge of different functions and businesses and optimizing your talents and skills. There are no limit to the opportunities we offer–from software programming, software testing, consulting, project management, solution support to service desk. The choice is yours!
Create your future by joining our Graduate Trainee Program where you will have the opportunity to work on a full-time contract position for 18-months. Upon successful completion of the program, you stand a chance to be shortlisted for exciting job opportunities based on your career aspirations, your performance and also on business needs and available vacancies.
We have almost 1,000 employees for Application Build with over 400 software engineer in DHL IT Services worldwide. To raise the bar and keep track of our software development quality, we always aim to develop a better software by constantly introducing key new features to help ensure our code fulfills the requirements business expects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Assist resolving issues of minor significance
* Help to liaise with other internal departments or project teams for completion of project deliverables
* Apply standard methodologies when creating new programs and applications (developing and coding from specifications) or when maintaining existing ones
* Assist in customizing Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) based on pre-determined parameters, and executes customizing tests
* Document work using the required standards, methods and tools e.g. produce program and system documentation
* Work with team/ colleagues to ensure plans, processes and activity are aligned to customer needs
* Actively share knowledge or experience with others
* Provide additional support when colleagues require time away to attend training/ development programs
* Convey consistent stated personal values through actions and decisions
* Apply data analysis and data modeling techniques to establish, modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components
* Design, code, test, correct, and document simple programs, and assist in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
If you are highly motivated, creative and desire to start and develop your IT career in a fast-paced environment, you have come to the right place! We welcome fresh graduates and post graduates from top technical and non-technical universities.
Sounds interesting? Read on.
We will need you to possess the following essential qualities and skills:
* Recognized Degree in IT; Computer Science; Software Engineering, Finance, Business Information Technology or relevant fields
* Above 3.0 CGPA / Second Class upper (Hons)
* Less than 1-year of working experience
* Highly self-motivated team player with good analytical and conceptual thinking, results-driven with initiative and good negotiation skills
* All rounded individual with a deep interest in IT industry who enjoys challenges and strive to work with professionals in IT industry globally
* Able to quickly absorb professional knowledge, good in problem-solving, contribution and leadership
* Eagerness to take responsibility over complex processes and ability to multitask
* Excellent verbal and written English
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
* Experience in self-initiated projects
* Basic programming skills in any programming language
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
* Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
* On-going professional and technical training and certifications
* A multicultural environment in modern offices
* Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
* Smart casual everyday
* Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
* Unlimited Outpatient Medical
* Home office possibilities
If you are up to the challenge, contact us today and we will ensure that you will have an experience of a lifetime.
DHL IT Services – About Us
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
* Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
* Runs more than 7700 servers;
* Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
* Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
* 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of the logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn