Begin your career with DHL IT Services!
We are seeking for an DevOps Engineer to join our team.
You'll be part of the Group API project with the goal of providing one-stop-shop for all APIs provided by whole DHL group. Project uses state of the art technologies and the project team operates in different locations around the globe in DevOps and Agile mode.
You'll be responsible for the support of the infrastructure for the Group Shipment Tracking API within a DevOps squad team. The API provides detailed information about delivery of DHL shipments. The solution uses various cloud datacenters over the whole world to be close to customers and to ensure a quick response.
Development is done using micro-service architecture mostly based on Java Spring framework. Hosted on Open Shift containers or Kubernetes in Google Cloud Cluster. Reactive programming and Event Driven architecture is employed. Overall security layer and policies are provided by Apigee solution.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
• Experience with Linux based infrastructure
• Basic knowledge of OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker
• Solid knowledge of Networking
• Knowledge of Cloud based solutions (Google Cloud preferred)
• Basic knowledge of scripting languages (bash, python , xml)
• Knowledge of ITIL Process
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Able to adapt rapid changes
• Basic understanding of API – REST/SOAP
• Excellent team working and communication skills
• Experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT(S):
• Awareness of DevOps and Agile principles
• Security skills - experience with vulnerability scans and penetration testing is a plus
• Basic understanding of nonSQL DB (Cassandra)
DHL IT Services – About Us
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man days per year of development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of the logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1500 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn