Associate Software Engineer (DevOps)
About DHL IT Services – Digital Platforms:
At DHL IT Services, we’re designing, building and running IT solutions globally, supporting our 550 000 colleagues and millions of our clients. Thousands or servers, apps, devices… all managed from our data centers.
And there’s lots of digitalization. In fact, digitalization is our key priority. Digital Platforms is a fresh department, aiming to address this digitalization theme. Our team is developing and running cutting-edge solutions in the areas of APIs, Blockchain, Internet of Things, Data Lake & Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent Automation and Virtual Assistants.
About Virtual Assistant Platform & the team:
Virtual Assistant Platform is a new product in the domain of Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Natural Language Processing (NLP). It connects multiple channels such as Web, Phone, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger with our back-end APIs and various NLP engines, in order to deliver digital assistance. These automated bots/assistants, fueled with a bit of AI, can then help our customers and employees 24x7, in a personalized way. We’re trying to be where the customers are, to make DPDHL more accessible and helpful enterprise.
Currently we have three DevOps teams for the Virtual Assistants here, each fully responsible for the success of their customer/product. There’s simply dozens of bots within DPDHL only, both internally and externally facing. The teams are having around 20+ people with various roles. We like to do everything in an Agile/DevOps way. No more throwing the “problem code” to support, no silos. Our teams are completely product oriented, having end to end responsibility for a success of a product in development and in production. Finally, our teams are in multiple regions across the globe, typically Europe and Asia, where our biggest datacenters are, so the diversity is quite high, too.
About the role:
Currently, we’re looking for a Associate Software Engineer/ DevOps Engineer focusing on Virtual Assistants / Chatbots. In this role, you will have an opportunity to impact how is DHL helping in the digital world. You will act as the counterpart to our internal stakeholders, transmitting their thoughts into conversational design in Artificial Intelligence toolsets. You will also monitor how these bots perform and continuously improve their “brains”.
We’re primarily looking for an enthusiast that would fit our team. Even if you don’t tick all the boxes below, we’d love to hear from you!
- Work on great conversational experiences for customer-facing chatbots
- Cooperate on creation of conversational trees and make them (a)live using state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence tooling
- Work with internal and external customers to transform their thoughts into conversations
- Configure intents based on Digital Assistant design patterns by using available toolsets and using available languages and requirement templates
- Monitor automated conversational test suites
- Release new functionality in a structured way to production environments
- Assist business teams with onboarding of new countries
- Use Conversational eXperience (CX) framework to maintain great quality
- Proactively look for improvements that take the robot out of the human and help serve our customers better
- Communicate with colleagues across the world internally and externally also during presentations, workshops and trainings
What do we expect from you:
- Passion about great customer / conversational experience
- Knowledge of Virtual Assistant technologies and related tools
- Ability to take a business process or a FAQ document and transform it into a text/voice conversational experience
- Very good communication skills and ability to simplify complex topics to wide range of audiences
- Strong Consulting skills
- Excellent written and spoken English; copywriting experience is a plus
An ideal candidate would also have:
- Passion for cloud-based technologies and Artificial Intelligence
What you will get from us:
Great Learning Opportunity at the Most International Logistic Company of the World.
Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
On the Job professional and technical training and certifications
A multicultural environment in modern offices
Flexible Working Hours & Home office possibilities
Smart casual everyday
Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
Unlimited Outpatient Medical
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn