Architect - End User Desktop Services
End User Desktop architect who can design/maintain enterprise-wide roadmaps that meet the needs of the organization's strategy related to end user environment hardware/software and associated technology. The technology focus is around Virtual Desktop platform, Desktop Core build & deployment, Software Delivery, Software version management, Application packaging etc.
- Provide advanced technical contributions and input regarding design, development, production and support of end user environment along with relevant back end management system
- Product lifecycle management inclusive of roadmaps and technology refresh needs
- Consult with end-users or senior management to define business requirements for complex systems and end-user computing infrastructure development
- Research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility
- Product selection inclusive of PoC & RFI/RFP support
- Establish and leverage key strategic vendor relationships
- Deliver complex Infrastructure Projects Implementation
- Infrastructure Problem Management - provide 4th level problem management support for end-user computing back-end infrastructure
- Form and lead global virtual teams creating functional touch points with both architecture and operation teams enabling the on-boarding of new product/technologies to improve infrastructure supporting the global strategy
- Advanced knowledge/experience with products used to provide end-user computing services (e.g. Microsoft OS, Microsoft SCCM, App-V, Citrix Xen Desktop / XenApp etc.)
- Experience with evaluation of Virtual desktop solution on cloud, migration of on-prem to cloud of an enterprise solution
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a multi-functional and multi-cultural environment where consensus is paramount
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior leaders
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills: Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships with partner
- Experience of indirect management – managing by influence as opposed to positional authority.
Education and Qualification
•Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
•Minimum 10 years of experience in IT or related field with a minimum of 5 of those years focusing on enterprise Tools and Monitoring
•End-to-end product lifecycle management from strategic planning to tactical activities
•Demonstrated skill in critical thinking and problem-solving methods
•Demonstrable experience designing highly available, highly scalable production systems
•Ability to work successfully in a global team environment
•Ability to work in a multi-functional and multi-cultural environment where consensus is paramount
•Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior leaders
•Strong collaboration and partnering skills: Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships with partners
•Experience of indirect management – managing by influence as opposed to positional authority.
•Experience with technical writing, such as authoring/co-authoring structured technical design
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT(S)
•ITIL Foundation Certification
•Knowledge in Architecture frameworks like TOGAF will be highly regarded
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
On-going professional and technical training and certifications
A multicultural environment in modern offices
Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
Smart casual everyday
Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
Unlimited Outpatient Medical
Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUTUS - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of thelogisticsindustry, we at IT Servicesaltogetherrepresent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn