Application Support Specialist (Cognos)
Technology moves at a swift pace. Business relies on technology to stay competitive. Your choice to join us as an Application Support Specialist would enable you to leverage your expertise to seek for
continuous improvement to support business innovate grow and improve their operations.
If you love to solve puzzles, you may choose to become an integral part of our Solution Support team with the passion and also with “Can do” spirit to provide IT support to solutions, resolve problems to enable the
Your role is vital to ensure high availability of all business application to stay at a competitive position for
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will need to provide application support and deployment services to the users within DHL Express, enables the required processes needed for the business to be successful
- You are required to continuously identify any area of improvement for the team to work efficiently to make our partner more successful.
- You will need to ensure maximum availability and minimal disruption to business continuity in order to meet all agreed targets, SLA's, and metrics
- You will also need to deal with people both on a business level and IT level and act as the technical point of contact to resolve their application and systems issues that disrupt the service they depend upon
- You will need to be proactively looking for continuous improvement ideas to raise the service quality for better network profitability
- You will need to perform proper problem management with the aim of eliminating the recurrence issues
- You will need to ensure that all tickets are managed and resolved within the agreed target resolution times (TRT) and also ensures that all incidents dealt with are according to incident management best practices
- We emphasize teamwork hence provide advice and guidance to junior colleagues is a must.
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
- Unix / Linux command
- Shell Scripting
- Oracle SQL
- Cognos TM1
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- –8 years working experience in performing L2 application support
- Must be able to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis during the weekend and also prepare to work during public holidays
- Must be able to work on 3 rotational shift (morning, noon and midnight)
- Must be willing to work on long hours and willing to travel with short notice
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to work conceptually
- Customers and end- users focused
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English for both written and oral
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification knowledge a plus.
- Able to write Unix Shell Scripting from scratch
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
- Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
- Smart casual everyday
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUT US - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL IT Services Asia Pacific
No Business Travel