LTL Regional Trucking Terminal Manager - Crawfordsville, IN
Celebrating 86 years of outstanding freight transportation service, Standard Forwarding is recognized for quality and leadership in the transportation industry. A division of DHL, Standard Forwarding is an award winning Midwest regional LTL carrier. You are not applying for a job you are making an investment in your career.
This is a critical role that supports the direct operations of a terminal location. The Terminal Manager is responsible for driving a customer centric, operationally efficient, results oriented and a safe terminal culture. Manage related business critical initiatives, evaluate and drive discipline of all operational, safety and leadership SOP’s. The terminal manager is responsible for all the resources, activities and costs associated with supporting customer needs at the local terminal level.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and manage company expectations of terminal resources to exceed financial, operational and leadership agendas.
- Communicate with the team on a routine basis to support an engaged, happy and productive work force.
- Drive Standard Forwarding corporate initiatives to make certain they are consistently applied.
- Ensure the team remains focused on customer requirements and operational performance manage resources and talent to have trained and focused employees on the team.
- Develop plans to proactively prepare for future resource changes through succession planning.
- Communicate needs of terminal operation to Director of Operations to ensure service directives of Standard Forwarding customers are met.
- Drive an operational performance agenda with a focus on Safety, Labor to Revenue (LR), Quality and operational excellence.
- Direct and manage daily terminal operations to meet Key Performance Indicator goals.
- Review and Analyze reports, records and directives and confer with Managers and Supervisors to obtain data required for planning and accountability activities, such as status of directives in progress, trending of data that illustrates progress and/or challenges encountered in the operation.
- Drive continual improvement by evaluating current terminal procedures and practices for accomplishing company directives and develop and implement improved procedures and practices.
- Set a standard for performance. Establish trust, champion change, build talent by setting priorities, and drive results.
- Interface with other functions, Sales, Customer Service, Finance and Human Resources to ensure the terminal is meeting customer service requirements, growing the terminal business and meeting productivity, LR cost targets and other financial targets that affect terminal profitability.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train resources to improve work performance.
- Ability to recognize, reward and reinforce good performance.
- Perform duties in accordance with the DHL/Standard Forwarding Code of Conduct. Observe and comply with all federal, state, and local laws and/or DHL/Standard Forwarding including company policies concerning safety, claims prevention hours of service and other matters
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or related field and 5-7years of Transportation related experience is desired or 10 years in the Logistics or Transportation fields.
Experience working in a Union environment is a plus.
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Standard Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Standard Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
Standard Forwarding LLC
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn