- CFO DHL Freight Western Europe
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team and external partners and stakeholders.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts. Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate.
- Prepare and present monthly/annually financial budgeting reports.
- Review and analyse monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as a key point of contact for internal and external auditors. Manage preparation and support of all internal and external audits.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the business.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company.
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities.
- Do regular meetings with the Managers of other departments such as Sales, IT, HR, BPM), Terminal Managers, to discuss concrete actions where Finance have connection, as well as solve possible deviations.
- Lead improvements in the management of working capital.
- Manage the team on a daily basis, ensuring the achievement of targets.
- Set, review and provide feedback to the team.
- Ensure the Induction training of new employees, according to the role they are performing.
- Identify and establish the training needs of the department staff.
- Perform tasks related to HR management rounder their charge (control attendance, control absence justifications, schedules, hours worked, training, recruitment and selection, performance evaluation, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Operations/Freight/Logistics area accompanied with a wide experience at senior level (Desirable)
- Work experience as CFO previously in a multinational company (Desirable)
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related subjects.(Essential)
- Work experience in financial management for at least 5 years (Essential)
- Work experience in Finance department in other countries (Desirable)
Education / Qualification / Certification
- University degree in a business discipline (Essential)
- MBA degree (Desirable)
- Compliance Training (Essential)
- Training on Projects Management (Desirable)
- Spanish àFluent (written and spoken)
- English à Fluent (written and spoken)
- German/Portuguese/Other languages à Basic Level (written and spoken) (Desirable)
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Freight Spain, S.L.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn