Regional Airfreight Director - Central US
- Point of contact for OPS and Service Quality related issues (e.g. customer complaints / escalations, exception management, shipment irregularities, service recovery, etc.)
- Supports local process enhancements and ensures compliance of global improvement initiatives and standard procedures.
- Contributes to country air freight product agenda and projects/initiatives.
- Supports execution of Gross Profit Improvement Program in country.
- Communicate implications of regional and country airfreight policies/guidelines and support training with stations and gateways
- Support business development and tactical opportunity conversion by providing operational expertise and ensuring operational customer requirements are met
- Support development and drive implementation of new solutions/services incl. sector specific solutions
- Supports Spot Quote Pricing strategy
- Support and drives compliance to KPIs, with special focus on timely responding to requests
- Ensures adherence to guidelines and standards established by Pricing group
- Supports and drives adherence to usage of tools and sources as defined by Pricing group
- Drive cargo optimization in air/cartage vendors
- Assists with airline relationship building, and local rate negotiation
- Enables and facilitates efficient service delivery than meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Coordinate with AFR colleagues to ensure prompt issue resolution
- Contribute to ensure achievement of business growth, revenue & profitability.
- Ensure compliance of stations & gateways with global and regional airfreight policies and guidelines.
- Ensure compliance of stations & gateways with customer SOPs.
- Contributes to lessons learnt.
- Ability to influence decisions/actions by providing value-added feedback into the organization/function and country management.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in freight forwarding airfreight operations (i.e. handling, documentation, clearance) strongly preferred
- Experienced in in-house applications preferred, e.g., CargoWise, FSI3, COSS
- Computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office tools, intermediate level in Excel)
- Assertive and able to influence others, communications skills, team player.
- High Level of commitment, very dynamic, project management skills.
- Sensitive to urgency and able to work/keep focus under pressure.
- Highly organized, project management tools and expertise.
- Analytical skills, detailed oriented.
- People management skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
Air Express International USA, Inc.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn