Director of Transborder Services
Job Title: Head of Transborder Services
Job Location:Chicago, Illinois
We have an exciting opportunity for aHead of Transborder Services to manage the pricing/quotation process for inbound & outbound domestic freight between the USA and Mexico/Canada, serving as a point of contact for our existing and prospective customers. This position is targeted to be domiciled in Chicago, Illinois.
- Performing Market analysis for Trans Border Trucking opportunities via competitor, customer and market research at country level.
- Initiates development of the Domestic market demand by identifying opportunities and securing targeted business.
- Develops and delivers solution designs and implementation for customer requests
- Direct the activities of staff in relation to transport operations within the company on duties like dispatching and tracking/monitoring of transportation vehicles
- Monitor the general operations of stations to make sure that their operations are within the guidelines, safety measures, government orders, and administrative policies
- Involve in the negotiation and authorization of contracts and other forms of purchases and procurements that are related to the company’s transportation needs
- Develop and implement plans that will lead to improvement in company profit
- Implement management recommendations, like proposed fees and change in movement schedule
- Maintain open dialogue with other units’ managers so as to organize activities that will enhance company’s general performance
- Take charge of investigations that look into customer complaints with regards to product delivery and other transportation-associated issues
- Make recommendation for the acquisition of new equipment or the replacement of old ones.
- Provides & validates quotes/pricing for existing & prospective shipments
- Performs margin and pricing analysis in order to support business initiatives
- Identifies opportunities to optimize operational and sales profitability via marketing, operational and pricing strategies
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- BS/BA or minimum 10 years experience in Domestic operations
- Commercial experience is encouraged
- Experience in dealing with National and Field Accounts
- Ability to drive and support large DomesticRFP’s
- Microsoft Office experience with a strong focus on Power Point and Excel
- Must have exemplary presentation skills
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
- Detail oriented and strong follow-up skills
- Cargo Wise systems knowledge is a plus
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
·Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
·Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
·401K plan with a match
·Employee Discount plan
·Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
·The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
·The most efficient processes and fastest response times
·The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten